Talk

"Y/N!" I heard someone run after me. 

Your POV:

"Y/N stop." Hope said. I looked at her. 

"What happened to Jerramy? Why did he just disappear!" I said.

"There's things you don't need to know!"

"STOP TREATING ME LIKE I'M 5!" She looked at me.

"We're getting a divorce."

"Was that so fucking hard to tell me?!" She looked away.

"I didn't want you to blame yourself." I looked down. "There was other things going on that resulted in this."

"It's just us now?" I looked up at her. 

She nodded. "It's just us now." She hugged. "I like it better this way. Just me and you."

I hugged her. "Hope."

"What?"

"I'm scared?"

"Why are you scared?"

"Cause I always seem to lose people." I said. "What if I lose you too?"

"You won't." She said.

"How do you know?"

"Cause I'm not going anywhere." She smiled. "Come on let's go."

They finished up practice and then we went to the hotel. The whole time I thought about what happened between Hope and Jerramy. 

The next day they were at practice again. Hope let me go and explore with one of the trainers. We walked around the city and just chilled. 

"I've got to go to the bathroom." The trainer said. "I'll be back." He left.

I waited at the table and took my phone out. 

"Yo look at her though! She's hot but she's CRAZY!" I looked at the group of boys walking by. 

"She's honestly insane."

I looked back at my phone and continued to text Mason.

"Do you have a dollar?" One of the boys asked. "I'm a dollar short."

"I think." I looked in my wallet and took a dollar out. "Yeah here." I gave it to him. 

"Thanks."

"No problem." I went back to my phone.

"I'm Blake." He said.

"Y/N." I said. 

"Nice to meet you." He smiled.

"Yeah." I said going back to my phone.

"You're really social aren't you." He laughed. 

I looked at him. "I don't get out much. I've been traveling a lot lately."

"Well where are you from?" He asking sitting at my table.

I thought about it. Where am I from? "I don't know." I said. "I live in Seattle but I don't know where I was born."

"How do you don't know where you were born?"

I shrugged. "Long story." I looked away and drank my water. 

"I've got time." 

I laughed. "I'm good." I said. The trainer came back. "I gotta go."

"US team?"

"Kind of." I said. 

"So you know Hope Solo?"

"You could say."

"YOU KNOW HER?" His friends ran over. He sighed and shook his head. "Is she a crazy bitch?"

"No." I said. 

They laughed. "Come on. We are talking about Hope Solo right? The women who beat up her nephew?"

I looked at them. "She did what?"

"You didn't hear about that?" 

I shook my head. "I lived in a group home we didn't really have that kind of access." 

"Well she beat her nephew and got away with it. If I were you I'd watch out. Never know when she might SNAP!"

I stared at them. "Y/N! We gotta go." The trainer said. 

I looked back at him. Blake's friends ran off. "Sorry about them. Also ignore what they said about Hope. They clearly don't know the whole story." He said. "Can I have your number?"

"Give me your phone." I said. He unlocked it and gave it to me and I put my number in. "There. I gotta go now. Nice meeting you." I ran over to the trainer. We went back to hotel and met the team.

"Hey how was your day?" Hope asked.

"I met some kids today. Made a new friend. They were talking about you." She froze. "What happened with your nephew?" I asked her.

She sighed and looked down. "We need to talk."