Day Out

Hope's POV:

I woke up and saw Y/N asleep in her bed. I smiled and went into the bathroom to change. 

Today we had a day off from training and I wanted to spend it with her. 

"Good morning." I said when I saw her awake.

"Yeah." She got up.

"Day off today. What do you want to do?" I asked her.

"I think Morgan wants to see a movie or something I don't know."

"I want to spend the day with you. Just the 2 of us." I said. She looked at me. "I know I'm probably not the greatest person in the world but I'm trying. This whole parenting thing is new to me."

She smiled. "Yeah I can tell. So let's go then."

"Really?"

"Do you want me to change my mind or?" She said going into the bathroom. She got ready and we went out for breakfast. After we walked around and just talked. 

"Jill wants you to train with the team. If you're interested. You're still young but we've all seen you play and you're great. Plus you love it." I said. "It's all up to you."

She nodded. "That sounds cool." 

We spent the rest of the day together. She opened up a bit and I did too. 

We went back to the team. Y/N went to see Morgan when we got back and I let her. I smiled as she walked away and went to see Carli. 

"How was your day?" She asked.

"It was great. She opened up to me and we really had a great time." I smiled. 

"That's good. That's all you needed." 

Christie and Abby came into the room. "You finally getting the hang of it?" Christie asked as we went down to meet with the rest of the team.

"Yeah. A wise squirrel helped me a little bit." I said winking to Kelley as she walked back. 

"Officer KO getting it DONE!" She said sitting next to Sydney. I sat near them and Y/N sat next to Morgan and Kling. 

She looked over at me and smiled. 

Morgan gave me a little nod and looked at at Kling who was talking about something random probably. 

She's a good kid. I can handle this.