No Boys

Your POV:

After the game ended I went to the locker room where Hope told me to go. She finally came out. 

"Great game." I said.

"Thanks kiddo." She hugged me. She looked at Mason. "Who's this?"

"This is Mason. I ran into him when I was getting a water, we just to be in the same family before I got kicked out." I smiled.

He put his hand out. "It's an honor to meet you." He shook her hand.

"Same here." She shook his hand. "We should get going." She said looking at me. "Gotta flight to Orlando."

I nodded. "It was nice seeing you Mason." I hugged him.

"Same here." He hugged me. "I'll see you when you get back? We can catch up."

"Yeah sure." He gave me his phone. "I don't have a phone yet." I said to him.

He grabbed a napkin and took a pen from someone and wrote his number down. "When you do get a phone text me." He smiled.

"Will do." I took it.

Me and Hope left and went to the bus with the team. "No boys." She said.

I laughed. "What?"

"No boys." She said.

"Are you serious?"

"As a heart attack." She said. "You're too young."

"I'm 17!"

"Doesn't matter."

"He's just a friend. I'll talk to him if I want to." I said to her. The team looked at me. "In case you forgot you aren't my mother. You're just some lady who felt bad and thought you could fix me up and make me a better kid." I got up and sat in the front of the bus.

"You shouldn't have said that." Abby said sitting next to me. 

"I don't need a lecture." I said looking out the window.

"I'm not here to give you one." She said. "She didn't adopt you out of pity." 

I looked at my lap. "Then why did she?"

"Out of love." Abby said. "Hope loves you and that's a big step for her. I know you love her too. But loving someone and trusting someone is tough for you, I get it. You've haven't had it easy."

"I thought you weren't here to lecture me." I said looking at her.

"I'm not. Just giving you a little advice." She smiled. "Hope is new to the whole parenting thing." She laughed. "Give her a break right now." She left me alone and I sat there.

We got to the airport and flew to Orlando. 

"You're rooming with me." Lauren said putting her arm around my shoulder. I looked back and saw Hope walking to a room by herself.

Me and Lauren got to our room and put our bags down. I got up and went to the door. "Where are you going?"

"I have to do something." I said leaving. 

I walked to the next room which I saw Carli go into. 

"Hope relax." Carli said.

"I just want her to give me a chance. I know I'm not her mom! I'm not trying to be I just want her to trust me." I heard Hope cry.

"Trust is a big step for her Hope. You've been together for a week. It will take time but I can see the bond you two are forming. She'll come around." 

I knocked on the door.

Carli answered. "Hey?" She said. I ran into the room and right to Hope.

I threw myself into her arms and hugged her. "I'm sorry." I cried into her shoulder. 

She held me. "It's okay."

"Can I stay with you tonight?" I looked at her.

"Of course you can." She smiled.

Maybe it won't be so bad here.