Chapter 49

I heard the door open downstairs. I ran down the stairs, taking two steps at a time, and threw my arms around Hayden, squealing. It had been six weeks since him and I made love for the first time since our third child was born. He's been at work today.

“What is it, Desi?” he asks as I give him kisses all over his face.

I look at him, smiling brightly. “I think I am pregnant.”

He smiles at me, kissing me. “That's great, sweetheart. When are we going to go to the appointment for our new little one?”

I giggle at the sound of what he said. “Tomorrow.”

“Good, it'll be Saturday. I won't have to miss another day of work. The School Board doesn't agree with me skipping school to be with you.” he tells me.

I giggle and start to kiss him some more.

“I'm sorry, Mrs. Edwards, but you aren't pregnant.” Dr. Robins tells me. She become my doctor when I was pregnant with Zack.

“Wh-what?” I asked, tears starting to form in my eyes. “But I took the pregnancy tests. Five of them! They said that I was. And I've been having morning sickness.”

She sighs, putting a hand on my shoulder. “When someone starts to really want to become pregnant, they start showing the signs. Which is what happened to you.”