Chapter 44

Six Years Later:

((Desi's Point of View))

I work as a substitute at the same school Hayden does. I work about three days awake at the most. The other days I stay at home with the twins, Liam and Sophia, and then Zack (our little three year old). Then sometimes I work part time as a waitress at a diner a couple of miles from the house, but only on weekends.

Hanna and Mason married about four years ago. And are still happily together. Two years after that Emily and Lane married. Then, get this, turns out that Don is gay too. He and Will have been a couple for a year or so now. Dallas is engaged to a girl that he works with named Jill. Seems like everyone is happy as could be. Nothing bad has happened since we've all been together again. Which I know for sure that I am thankful for.

“Hey, sweetheart.” Hayden said, coming in from a Saturday after taking the kids out to play at the park while I cleaned up the house. He kisses me softly on the lips.

I smile at him, wrapping my arms around his waist. “Hello to you too.” We kiss again.

“Eww!” The twins scream.

Hayden and I smiled at each other for a minute. Then I glanced down at my watch. “Oh, crap, I'd better go. Don't want to be late for work.”

“Then I want one more kiss.” he says.

“Aw, someone is greedy.” I tease.

“Only with you.” he tells me. He kisses me then let's me go to work.

I climb into my car and drive to the diner. Once I am there I go to the kitchen and put on my waitress apron. “Hey, Ralph.” I said to the owner.

“Desi, can I talk to you in my office?” he asks.

“Um, all right.” I said.

I followed him into his private office in the back of the diner, unsure of what I was going to be told. I couldn't be fired. I didn't need the money from this job. I just did it for fun. But I actually loved it here. I didn't want to be fired from doing something that I loved.

“You've been working here for about two years and a half now. Correct?” he asks me.

“Yes sir.” I said. I got a job here when Zack was six months old.

“Well, I might have to lay you off.” he said.

I gasped, wide eyed. “What?” Everyone loved me here. Especially the regulars. They always asked for me to be the one that waited on them. So how could this be?

“Let me finish.” the man in his early fifties said. “There is a way that you could.......not be laid off.” He looks me up and down eagerly.

I held up my hands. “No, no way. I am married. I love Hayden. I would never ever ever cheat on him.”

Then he lunged at me. Forcing his lips on mine, trapping me on top of his desk. Finally after a while I was able to force him off of me. I punched him and then ran to my car. I climbed in the back seat, locked the doors, and cried. I rocked back and forth. It felt like what had happened almost six years ago. With the guy I saw in my nightmares. Rabon.

((Ralph's point of view))

I smiled. She hadn't wanted to ruin her marriage. But that is exactly what I am going to do. That was my intentions after all. Ruin her marriage. Just as she had ruined three of my family members' lives.

This was the revenge I intended on getting for them.

I edited the video I had taken of me kissing her. I made it to where it looked like she had been the one kissing me. I watched it when I was done. Perfect. This was going to do the trick in ruining her life with her precious Hayden.

I went onto my email and sent it to him under a fake email. I then glanced out my office window and saw Desi's car still parked in the parking lot. Her husband was gonna get this before she got home. Then she shall be emotionally hurt. Not nearly half as bad as Rabon and my other two cousins were, and are though.