Chapter 4

"Is that everything, Hayden?" my mom asks him.
He nods. "That's everything. Thank you for letting me stay here again."
She smiled at him. "It's no problem." She then walks out of the room, closing the door behind her. Leaving me in here alone with him.
He turns to me. "You okay, Desiray?"
I sigh. "Just thinking."
He pulls me into his arms. "What's wrong?"
"Nothing," I push myself away from him.
"What is it?" he asks me. "Tell me, Desi, I deserve to know the truth."
I sigh again, knowing that I wasn't going to win this and was going to have to give into him in the end. "Well I was just thinking about how they thought that the two of us were into a relationship and instantly were going to arrest you. What would happen if they knew that we were arranged to be married?"
He shrugs. "I don't know. Maybe they would be okay with it since it had been made years and years ago."
"I doubt it." I snorted. "You would be arrested. And I don't want to see that happen."
"No matter what happens, we'll get throught this. Everything will be okay, Desi, just wait and see." Hayden says. He walks closer to me to where he is holding me shoulder length away.
"And if it isn't?" I asked him. I look up at him, seeing as he still looms over me.
"It will be." he insists. "Do you believe me now?"
"No, I don't." I say looking down.
Gently with his finger tips he lifts my head up. "I promise everything will be, Desiray Riley, if not then may I go to hell for saying that."
"Don't say that." I tell him. "What if everything doesn't be okay, then you will go to hell."
He chuckles. "Always thinking. You might want to give it a rest for a little while."
"Thinking is what I always do." I tell him.
And it was. I was always thinking of something. Some way to get out of everything. Some escape. It kept me busy.
Hayden leaned in towards me. I looked from his closing eyes to his lips. He was about to kiss me. I instantly knew that. I wanted to kiss him with everything I had and then some, but I couldn't. He was my teacher, I wasn't supposed to. But he was also the guy that I was having an arranged marriage to. Life is unfair. And I've only just now began to realize that.
His lips touch mine softly. I freeze, but he doesn't seem to notice that. Once his lips stay on mine for a while, I start to kiss back. I wrapped my arms around his neck tightly, while his snaked around my waist. We held onto each other as if we were the only life line the other had. Which that is the way that it felt. I felt his tongue go around the edges of my lips. Instantly I let him in. Our tongues started to dance together. Our lips moving in rythem. He starts to back me towards the bed. I feel myself fall onto it.
I pull away gasping for air. "Hayden, stop."
He looks at me in shock. "What is it, Desiray?"
"I'm not ready." I say. This would be my first time, meaning losing my virginity.
He sighes and starts to get away from me. I grab his arm and pull him down so that he is lying on the bed next to me.
"I promised when I was younger that I wouldn't have sex before marriage." I said.
"I am going to be your husband though." he reminds me.
I sigh. "I know that. It's just that, I still want to keep that promise."
"All right." he says. "I can wait."
I rest my head on his chest. "Thank you."
He pulls me back into his arms. "Your welcome."
"So what made you want to become a teacher?" I asked him, wanting to get away from the subject of sex as soon as possible. Face it, sex talk made everything so uncomfortable.
"I don't really know." he tells me. "I've always liked the thought of people listening to me."
I laughed. "That makes you sound kind of dictatorish."
He laughs too. "I know."
"Don't seem proud of that!" I tease him.
"Face it, you find it attractive." he teased back.
We joked around for hours after that. Finally around ten, I headed out to my own room. Mom stopped me before I went into my room.
"You two seem to be hitting it off." she says happily.
I smile. "I like him. He's nice." Then I head into my room without saying anything else.
I didn't like him.
I think I was falling in love with him.