Chapter 6

I walkedinto the hallwayafter the bell rungflushed. Hayden didn't seem to be affected by all that kissing, unlike me. Sometimes I wished he would show some emotion after kissing in public. But I guess he couldn't afford to do that since we weren't really supposed to be together.
"Breath, Desi." Mason said coming over to walk beside me. "You seem like your about to hypervenilate."
I rolled my eyes. "Shut up."
"Never." he said with a wink. He turned down the hallway to go to his class. "Later, teachers pet."
"Later, ass wipe." I said after him.
Someone tisked behind me. "Seems like someone gets detention for cussing in school." he said.
I turned around and rolled my eyes. "You just want to have more time with me." I said.
Hayden smiles. "Of course. But then again. I wouldn't have to give you detention for that. That's what your room is for."
That causes me to blush a deep shade of red. "I don't think that's appropriate talk for school. Especially coming from my teacher."
He chuckles seductively. "Well it's not my fault that your teacher also happens to be your fiance."
I looked around. "Do you have to say that so loudly?"
"Everyone is going to notice soon after we're married, Desiray." he said.
"Why's that?" I asked him. I thought we were keeping this a secret until I graduated.
"You do know that we are expected to be expecting a child within a year of our marriage, right?" he asks.
I stare at him in shock. I feel frozen to the spot. What the hell? Of course I didn't know that.
"Desiray?" he asks, waving a hand in front of my face. "Desi, say something."
"Please tell me your joking." I said. "Please tell me your lying or something. I beg you, Hayden."
He sighs. "I can't. Because it's the truth. I have to get your pregnant within a year of our marriage. Doesn't matter how young you are, that was the deal in the arranged marriage thing. It's like a seal of the deal or some peice of shit like that."
Oh, and he get's onto me for cussing! The nerve of him.
"What the hell!?!?!?" I said. "Seriously, I'm still in school. How do they expect me to have a child and go to school?"
"I don't know," he says after a moment of silence. "I haven't figured that part out yet."
"Uh, don't you think that's the most important part of it?" I asked him. "I have to go to college. I don't want to be a stay at home mom, Hayden."
He sighes. "I know that. We'll figure something out. Don't worry."
"Don't worry? Don't worry? How can I not worry about something about this?" I asked him.
Here's something you probably don't know about me. I tend to get worked up over things that I find out on a moments notice. On the bright side, I wasn't going to find this out on my wedding day. Though I was probably going to be reminded of it. Bad side, I WAS GOING TO BE CARRYING A CHILD BEFORE I FINISHED HIGH SCHOOL?!?!?! How could anyone not get freaked out about that? Seriously, most people now adays actually tend to wait to have children. Except for some rare few sluts who decide to have sex in high school just to get pregnant, and believe me those people do exist in the world.
"I don't know, Desi, but we'll figure this out together. We don't have to worry about it right now. The only thing we have to worry about is what's planned for this afternoon."
"What's planned for this afternoon?" I asked him.
He sighs yet again. "My parents are coming over to talk with you and your mom about the wedding."
"Shit! Why didn't you tell me about this before?" I asked.
"Because you don't need to be so stressed about it." he tells me.
"And how do you know this exactly?" I ask him.
He smiles softly at me. "They'll love you."
"Why are you so sure of that?"
"Because I love you and they'll love you for that reason. Plus your amazing." he says.
I sigh. "Damn it! Why do you have to be so freaking perfect?"
He smiles not so softly any more. More seductive than anything. "Because it's in the job description."
He then walks away without another word.
The final bell rings and I head to my next class. I sit down just as the teacher starts to call role.

**Later that day at home**

"They're here!" Mom yelled.
I had just finished changing from my school clothes into a grey peacock teared strapless dress and black heels. I had curled my hair. All in all, I looked amazing.
There was a knock on my door. "Ready?" Hayden asks, barging in. His jaw literally drops when he sees me. But he recovered quickly, before I had the chance to make fun of him."You know we're just meeting my parents, not the ambassador or something."
"I know that. Can't I dress up to meet them?" I ask.
"Can't I pretend you've just decided to dress up for me?" he asks.
I rolled my eyes and push him out the door. "Let's go meet the in-laws-to-be."
"Don't worry, you have nothing to be nervous about." he says again.
"Whatever." I say as we walk into the living room.
They are already waiting there for us. I take a deep breath and smile. "Hi, I'm Desiray."