Chapter 14

I groaned. "I don't wanna go!"
"You have too, baby." Hayden says.
"You're not there and it takes all the fun out of everything!" I argued.
"I know that, but you still have to go." he said.
I pouted. Then an idea hit me. I smiled deviously, and threw my arms around his neck. Then I started to kiss him. "Please." I kissed him again. "Let." Another kiss. "Me." Kissed again. "Stay." This kiss lasted a little longer than the others. "Home" The last kiss turned out to a full on make out session.
He pulls away. "Shit!" he curses. "You can't do this to me, Desiray, that's unfair."
"It's unfair for you to make me go to school." I argued.
He sighs. "Your going to be the death of me."
I smile. "I know. So can I stay?"
"No." he tells me.
I pout and look down at my feet.
He lifts my chin up with his finger tips. "But I'll tell ya what. I'll pick you up early."
"Yay!" I kiss him quickly. "Wait, how early?"
"After lunch."
"Before lunch." I say. "That way you can take me to go get something."
He sighs. "All right, you win. Now let me guess, you want me to drive you to school?"
"Of course." I said.
He rolls his eyes. "Let's go get in the car."
I smile and grab his hand as we walk to the car. I get in, throwing my book bag on the floor. We ride to the school quickly. I'm thinking that Hayden's just driving fast because he wants me to get out of the car before I convince him to not let me go to school. On the car ride I stare at my engagement ring. It was positively gorgeous.
"You shouldn't be wearing that into school." he says to me, noticing it on my finger. "People will ask about it."
I sighed and put it on a chain around my neck that I wore for the hell of it. "Happy?"
"No, I like it on your finger, it's just that it would attract attention." he says.
We pull up to the school.
"Bye, Desi." he says.
I pout. "Aren't you going to say good-bye to me like you mean it?"
He chuckles and pulls me in for a kiss. Which I wrap my arms around his neck and put my fingers in his hair, pulling him closer. He groans under my lips but surrenders into the kissing. I smile against his lips, seeing that I have won this battle. Our kiss ends when the bell rings.
He pulls away. "You need to go."
"Remember your picking me up early." I remind him.
"Of course that's what you say." he said.
"Unless you want me to kiss you again."
He laughs. "Go."
I pout. "Fine."
I head off to find Mason and Hanna. And I find them. Standing for me, waiting at my locker.
"Have you seen the wallacross fromHayden's old classroom?" she asks me.
I shook my head. "No why?"
She and Mason grab my hands and pull me to that wall. On it waspainted messily, 'We all know how Desiray Riley made well in Mr. Edwards class, she just gave him a little somethin somethin at night.'
I gasped and pulled out my phone. I took a picture of it and sent it to Hayden.
"Desiray Riley to the principle's office." came from the loud speaker.
I head up to where it had called me. The principle sat at the desk.
"You have seen the wall I'm guessing." he says.
I nod. "It's aweful."
He sighs. "We're checking the videos now to see who has done it. We have no suspects. That's why I called you here. Do you have any idea who might have done it?"
I shook my head. "No clue. I usually stay out of all the drama. So I don't see why anyone would have done it to me."
"So you don't recognize the painting?"
"Not at all. Neither does Hanna or Mason." I informed him.
Just then Hayden bursts into the office. "Are you all right, Desi?" he asks me concerned.
I nod my head. "Of course I am. I didn't send you a picture of me covered in blood."
"You know that's not what I meant." he says.
"Whatever." I turn back to the principle. "What punishment will the person recieve?"
"Depends on the kid that's done it." he tells me. "If the kid has a record on file then he or she will have a harsher punishment than someone who doesn't have a record."
Just then a lady brings in a DVD. She hands it to the principle who puts it on the TV screen behind him. Then he hits play. A blonde girl on the screen starts putting paint on the wall. She has her back turned so that we can't see her face. Then she turns around when she's done, allowing us to see her face, and then disappeares off screen.
"Do you recognize her?" the principle asks us.
I shake my head. "No clue who she is."
"I do." Hayden says. "She's Veronica's neice."
"Veronica?" he asks.
"My ex-girlfriend. I had to break up with her when I found out I was to be married to Desiray. We hadn't been serious, and had just started dating. So I don't see why her niece would have put that on the wall." Hayden informs us.
"Is she even in this school?" I wondered out loud.
The principle nods. "Now I remember her. Fay, is her name. She's been in here several times because kids have made fun of her. I don't see why she would do this though."
Just then this girl walks in. Fay. She glares at me. "Whore." she spats at me.
Hayden puts his arms around me. "Desi isn't a whore."
"Enough!" the principle says loudly. "I do not tolerate that kind of language in here. Fay, why on earth would you do this?"
"Because that little whore stole Mr. Edwards from my aunt and I had to get even for my aunt's broken heart."
"I'm not a whore!"
"Yes you are. You were all over him in his car this morning." she says in a matter-of-fact-tone.
I blushed and looked down. "Watching people is rude." I said without looking up.
"Not looking at people is rude too." she says. "Oh and by the way. I'm not done with my revenge. I will get even."
"Desi, Hayden you two please leave the school. Fay, you stay put and I will deal with you."
Hayden and I walked out of the office andheaded to his car.
"Well that was weird." I said.
He nods. "Tell me about it. I wouldn't worry about here though. She's just a child. She couldn't do any serious damage to you."
"Don't worry I won't." I said.
Even though I did feel chills as her words echoed in my mind.
"I will get even with you."