Chapter 13

Mom had a date with some co-worker at a office part so it was just Hanna, Mason, Hayden, and me for New Years. We sat on the couch waiting for the ball to drop. I lay cuddle up in Hayden's arms.
"Wake up, Desi." he says to me.
"I am awake," I grumble.
"Sure you are." he said with a grin.
"I am." I insisted.
"You know you have to stay up till midnight!" Hanna whined.
"I know." I said. "I'm awake."
"Good. Then Hayden and I won't have to be the only ones to listen to Hanna." Mason said, relieved that I was awake.
We all laughed at Hanna's offended face.
"It's starting!" Hayden announced, pointing to the screen.
"Now, for the annual ball dropping us into the new year." the TV announcer said.
Then everyone started counting down:
"10
9
8
7
6
5
4
3
2
HAPPY NEW YEAR" everyone shouted.
Hayden grabbed me and pulled me into a kiss, which I eagerly returned.
We pulled away smiling at each other.
"What was with that?" Hanna asks.
"Had to start the New Year off right." I said with a shrug.
"Couldn't you have gotten a room for that?" Mason asks.
"Mine or yours?" Hayden asks me. I knew he didn't really mean it, he just said that to mess with my two best friends.
"Ewwww! I didn't mean it literally!" Mason said. "Desi's like my sister, it's gross to think about that!"
I giggled and grab the bowl of popcorn.
"You wouldn't dare." he says looking at the bowl that was now over his head.
"I both think we know, that I would." I said with a wicked smile.
"Desi, put the bowl down." he says.
I dump the popcorn all over him. "Oops." I smile at him sweet and innocently and sat back down on Hayden's lap.
"I wish I had that on video." he says amused. I could feel him chuckle softly under me.
"Glad you had fun watching it." I said.
"Look, Ke$ha is preforming!" Hanna shouts.
She's a huge Ke$ha fan. She's obsessed with her music. So of course she makes us all be quiet just so she can sing and dance along to every song that she preforms. The three of us hold back our laughter. Hanna's a terrible dancer. But she is a good singer, I will give her that much. Once she was done with all that she collapsed onto the floor, too tired to move, breathing hard.
"A new year." I said to Hayden once Ke$ha had stopped preforming.
"A new life." he said.
"A new start to one anyways." I replied.
"Speaking of which, when are you two getting married?" Mason asks.
"Yeah, when are you?" Hanna asks, sitting up to where she had fallen down on the floor.
I looked at Hayden. "Um......"
"We haven't planned that yet." he tells them.
"But we should." I said. "I mean, they expect us to get married soon."
He nods. "When would be best for you?"
"Valentines Day would be sooooooooo romantic." Hanna said, holding out the o in so for an extremely long time.
"It would be." I agreed.
"Works for me." he said. "Guess we start making plans for then."
"I get to be maid of honor, of course!" Hanna says.
"Wouldn't have it any other way." I said.
I turned to Mason. "I want you to be the one to give me away. Because you were right about what you said earlier, I am like your little sister. And your like my big annoying brother."
"Hey!" he says slightly offended by that. "But okay, I'll do it, annoying little sister."
I turn to Hayden. "You do know what your job is right?"
He chuckles. "How could I forget? Lock the hotel room door-"
"No!" I said. "I meant during the wedding, not the honeymoon."
He smiles at me. "But that's the best part! I know what I'm supposed to do, Desi, don't worry. I watch you walking down the isle looking gorgeous and my thoughts travel to after the wedding, once your up at the alter I say my vows, you say yours, then we passionately make out to people cheering, then dance with you at reception, shove- I mean delicatly put a bite of cake in your mouth, then reception over and onto my favorite part."
"Good boy," I said, patting his head. Then I wacked him in the arm. "That's for all the dirty thoughts though. Cause your such a naughty boy for being good."
He smiles. "I know."
I kiss him. "Happy new year, again."
He kisses me again. "Happy new year to you too again."