Chapter 46

((Desi's point of view))

The night had been rough. I hadn't slept at all. I spent it crying softly, trying hard not to wake Liam up. I never thought that I could cry so many tears. I guess that's what happens when everything you love is about to go away forever.

Around ten Hanna and Mason come, knowing fully aware of what 'happened' last night. Hayden had told them. Hanna looks at me sympathetically as she picks up Zack into her arms. Mason gives me a grim look. Having known him for years, I knew that he was deciding on who's side to take in this whole ordeal. If it all came to a divorce of course.

Once they were gone I was left alone with Hayden. We sat across from each other at the kitchen table. We just stare at each other. His face shows signs of not having slept either. His eyes are red and puffy from crying too. His large warm hands, that he has held mine with so many times, are tightly clutching the other. His expression is hard. Only because he is hurt because of that video last night.

“Are we going to get a divorce?” I ask, crying as the dreaded question is spoken.

He sighs. “I don't want one. But it might be for the best.”

“No!” I cry.

“I don't like it either.” Hayden says. “But it seems that you have lost your love for me. Otherwise you wouldn't have cheated on me with Ralph.”

“But I didn't!”

“I wish I could believe that. But the video is proof enough,” he says, getting up.

“Allow me to explain what happened! Please!” I cried.

He shakes his head. “Your only making this harder on the both of us, Desi.” He then stands up and puts on his jacket.

“Where are you going?” I ask him.

“To get the divorce papers.” he tells me. “We'll discuss child custody later on tonight.”

He then walks right out of the house.

I burst into tears. My worst fear has came true. I am about to lose Hayden forever.

I pick up my phone. Someone has to stop him before he gets those papers. And I knew just who to call.