Chapter 45

((Hayden's Point of View))

I checked my email while Desi was at work. I was supposed to be getting an email soon from the school about a raise in my salary or they were going to transfer me to the college as a professor. Then I saw an email that had the subject as 'I Think You Should See This, Hayden.' I clicked on it.

Hi, Hayden.

I work with Desi at the diner. I got your email off of Facebook so that I could send you this message. I'm been working for three months now. Anyways I was going into Ralph's office when I was done with my shift to ask him when I could work next. I walk in to see something that totally shocked me. I recorded it when the camera I had in my pocket and thought that I should send it to you to see.

Warning you now you may not like what you see at all,

Sally

I clicked on the video attatchment. A video of Ralph on top of Desi, both passionately kissing each other appears on screen. Passionately as in, bout to get a room passionate.

The front door opens and I hear Desi's little footsteps walking upstairs. I close my laptop furiously and go to meet her at the top of the stairs.

“How was work?” I ask her angrily.

“Oh, Hayden.” she says, her bottom lip quivering. “I-”

“Save it. One of the people that work with you sent me a video of it.” I snapped at her.

“Of what?” she asks.

“Oh, don't play dumb with me, Desiray. Of you, cheating on me with a guy that is your age doubled. How could you do that to me?”

“Hayden, I didn't......I would never!” she cries.

I shake my head. “Well I'm not too sure about that.”

“You don't trust me?” she asks, tears escaping from her welled up eyes.

“Not after what I saw of that video.” I said. I sighed. “I still love you, Desi. But this.......this breaks my heart. And it changes a lot of things.”