Chapter 41

Sara, Will, and I decided to go to the park after school. It was about five minutes away so we decided to walk there. I was glad it was a nice day out too. It was nice to take a break from our first semester of college classes.

“What was with Mrs. Blately today?” Will asks. “Seriously was she PMSing or was she just pissed that her shoes didn't match her outfit?”

I laughed. “PMS. Not everyone notices exact detail like that, Will.”

“I do!” he pouts.

Sara rolls her eyes. “You are such a girl!”

“Now, honey, if I was then I would have boobs.” he said.

I laughed.

“Now enough on that topic, let's talk about that movie we watched in Literature.” he said.

In Literature we had been reading Romeo and Juliet and we watched the old version of the movie today. It was really good. The actors played their parts really well. Even though the Nurse did kind of creep me out though. It was like she was drunk the entire time or something.

“What about it?” Sara asked. She knew what movie we were watching but was in a different class.

“Well Romeo of course!” he said offended that she didn't know what he was talking about.

“What about him?” I asked. “He was a good actor. But what's the big deal.”

“Not all of us have big sexy teachers, Desi.” Will said, crossing his arms.

I looked away, thinking about Hayden.

Sara puts an arm around me. “It'll be okay.”

“Whatever.” I mumbled. “Back to our conversation now.”

“Sorry, Desi. Didn't mean to bring him up and all.”

“It's fine. Can we stop talking about him now?” I asked quickly.

He nods and smiles. “Anyways, back to Romeo. Damn, he was a fine piece of meat. He made Zac Effron and Chace Crawford look all ugly!”

Sara and I laugh at this. I love how he is always like this. All the time!

I hug him, then kiss his cheek. “I love you to death, Will!”

“Uh, Desi,” Sara said nervously.

I pull away from Will. “What is it?”

She points towards someone standing on the other side of the park greens. “Isn't that Hayden Edwards?”

Sure enough it was.

And he just saw me hug Will and kiss him on the cheek!

((Hayden's Point of View))

I saw her at the park hanging with a girl and a boy. They were laughing and she seemed happy. Her stomach was showing off her pregnancy, about eight months pregnant now. The only bad thing was the bags under her eyes and the sickly paleness of her skin. Other than that she looked perfectly fine.

I start to walk over to her, until I see something. I stop immediantly and watch, stomach sickly churning.

She wraps her arms around the boy and kisses his cheek.

Desi turns and see's me. “Hayden!” I hear her gasp.

I turn away and start to head back to my car.

“Hayden!” she cries out, starting to run after me.

I ignore her and keep walking.

I stop when I hear her stop following. I turn to watch her fall down onto the grass hard. I quickly run towards her and pull her into my arms. She's unconcious, which isn't good for the baby.

The boy and girl come running towards us. “Oh my gosh! Is she okay?” the girl asks.

“Call 911.” I said, panicking.

I kissed Desi's cheek. “Please be all right, baby.”