Chapter 16

((Hayden's Point of View))

Hanna and Mason came over a week after Desi disappeared. Hanna hugged me tightly. "Oh my gosh! I can't believe someone would do that."

"I hope she's okay." Mason said, full of concern.

"So do I." I said.

The police couldn't find anything that had to do with her disappearence. The van that was caught on camera driving away with her in it had been caught on fire the day after she disappeared. There was no evidence in the remander of the van that could help us find her. Ms. Riley was frantic. Every one was.

I still couldn't believe she was gone. Everything reminded me of her.

The poilce wouldn't let me take any part in finding her. Which was driving me insane. Didn't they understand that I needed to help them to keep my sanity?

((Desi's Point of View))

I was cold. And wet.

I couldn't see anything. But I heard voices.

Was I crazy?

Have I lost my mind?

I was chained against a wall. My feet hanging just above the ground. My arms rested above my head.

I couldn't move.

It hurt too much.

I was bloodied and bruised. And I'm pretty sure some parts of me were broken.

"Hello, bitch." says a voice to me.

A flash light is turned on and I can see her face. She is blonde. Something about her looks familiar. But I couldn't place where I had seen her from.

Today was the first day I had seen my kidnapper. The rest I had just spent being tortured in darkness.

Never seeing who it was that kept continuously hurting me.

"Who are you?" I choked out. My voice came out as a dry rasp from not having anything to drink in two days.

"Veronica. You probably know me. You stole my boyfriend from me after all." she says with a vicious smile.

"I didn't steal Hayden." I said.

She slapped me. "Yes you did. He was mine. Then he broke up with me because of you."

"No he didn't!" I said.

She then punched me in the stomach.

I screamed as pain coursed through my body.

She laughed at my pain. "You deserve every bit of this you whore." With every word another punch. Another kick.

I was going in and out of conciousness again.

One more hard punch to the face and I was out.

**A day later**

I woke up and looked around through swollen eyes. There were lights on, finally. It hurt to see, but I still looked around, curious toknow about my surroundings. I could see that I was in a basement. The walls were all cement, some had blood on them. There were plenty of empty beer cans every where.

"Well well well, whore, I told you I'd get even." Fay says walking up to me. "Not so tough with your precious little Hayden by your side now, are you? You look like shit, not that you didn't before. My aunt seems to be having fun getting her anger out on you though. I can't wait for my turn." She gives me an evil smile that makes she shiver.

She leans in close to me. I can smell the alcohol on her breath. "You know, you're going to end up dying, right?"

She throws a beer can at me. She laughs when I flinch. She keeps throwing more and more. Then she picks up a full one, opens it and then throws it at me.

She laughs as the beer soaks my rag-like clothing.

She does it again.

And again.

And again.

She grabs another can. This time she doesn't open it. No instead she just throws it at me as hard as she can.

I scream in pain.

I can feel blood coming from my waist where the can had hit. I glance down to see it.

My entire body looked terrible.

I looked horrible.

Someone please help me, I thought as I started to cry.

Please.

((Hanna's Point of View))

"Who do you think kidnapped her?" I asked Hayden.

He sighs. "I have a hunch. Veronica and her neice Fay. Fay had said to Desi that she was going to get even for me apparently breaking her aunt's heart."

"Shit! Why didn't you tell me this before?" I asked him. I grab the front of his shirt, holding it tightly. I used every ounce of self control I had not to punch him in the face. "I could have kicked her ass and this might not have happened."

"I didn't think that she would have actually done anything to Desi. She's a little freshman who gets picked on in school. Do you think someone like that is actually capable of kidnapping?"

Mason walks forwards and pulls me away from Hayden. "What if Fay had help?"

"Help how?" we asked him.

"Her aunt. Do you think she might be capable of something like kidnapping?"

Hayden shrugs. "Yes and no. She was nice, except for sometimes she would be crazy. The police had already taken her into custody and asked her questions. They verified that she was innocent."

"She could be lying." I said.

"But where would they keep her? They already did a search of her house."

"Fay's house."we all answered in realization.

Hold on, Desi, we're gonna find you. Don't worry, I'll kick all their asses till they're begging for mercy.