Chapter 20

Don leaned toward me. "I want you to run for it on the count of three." he mutters to me and Lane.
We nod.

"You've been a very bad girl, Desi, for running away like that. I'll have to punish you severly for this.

You'll be screaming for more." Rabon says with a smile.He starts to walk towards me.

"One." Don mutters.

"Not now, we have to deal with the other two." Veronica says.

"Two."

Rabon ignores her and still walks towards me.

"You better listen to her, Rab, or else I'll cut off your manhood." Fay threatens him.

"THREE!" Don shouts and tackles Rabon.

Lane and I make a fast break for the door. He carries me to the house next door. He sets me down while he opens the door with a key.

That's when a gunshot rings out through the night.

Something hit my side. I screamed in pain and looked down to see blood starting to pour out of me.
Lane quickly picks me up and carries me inside.

I then fall into complete darkness.

((Lane's Point of View))

I laid her on the floor and then grabbed the phone. I dialed 911. "I need help. This abused girl, Desi, my brother and I just rescued was just shot in the side. We need help asap."

"Okay," the person on the other end said. "Help will be heading towards you now."

He hangs up.

I go over to Desi after grabbing a warm wet towel. I press it to where she was shot. She flinches in pain.

"It's okay to be okay." I lie, whispering to her.

Don comes into the house, followed by a group of paramedics. They pick her up and carry her away. Don and and I follow them to the hospital in our car.

She is immediantly admitted to surgery to get the bullet out.

((Hayden's Point of View))

I got a call from the police. I quickly answered it. "Hayden Edwards, go to the hospital. Desiray was just taken there and is now in surgery for a gun shot wound. There-"

I hung up without hearing any more. I had to go there. Hanna and Mason followed me to my car and climbed in. We drove quickly to the hospital.

I climbed out of the car. We were told to wait in the waiting room.

A pair of twin boys came up to us as I paced back and forth. "Are you hear for Desi?"

"Yes." I quickly said. "Who are you?"

"We're the ones that rescued her." one of them said. "I'm Lane, this is Don."

"Thank you for rescuing her." I said. "You don't know how much she means to me."

"And to us." Hanna pipes up, slightly offended that I didn't include her.

"I'm her fiance, Hayden. These are her best friends, Hanna and Mason." I introduced. "Now that we all know each other. What happened to her?"

Don shrugs. "We don't really know. She just kept saying it was horrible. She had been chained to a bed and said she had been locked there and in the basement. She was covered in blood and bruises."

I sank into one of the chairs. "Oh my God."

My Desi, my girl, she had been hurt. I swear I will kill the bastard who hurt her. Who touched her. I'll make him pay for everything he did to her.

"Hayden, your talking outloud." Mason informs me, looking at me as if I've lost it. Which I pretty much have.

"I hope she's okay." Lane says.

"We all do." Hanna agrees.

"I need to see her right now." I said, standing up.

Hanna pushed me back down. "Oh no you don't. Just because you've boarded the crazy train doesn't mean that that's an excuse for you to go to where she's having surgery to see her."

"I have to." I said.

"No you have to wait." Mason says.

"She'll be fine." Don tells me.

I just nod. Of course she will, she's Desi. My fierce little fighter. She has to make it through.