Chapter 43

((Hayden's Point of View))

The nurse from earlier, Tasha, comes out four hours later. She looks at me, a caring expression on her face. "Come with me." she says.

I follow her down the hallway of the hospital. She walks into one of the room. I go in to see Desi laying in bed, a couple of cuts, bruises, and grass stains are on her. No matter all of that she is still gorgeous. She is holding two little colored bundled blankets- one pink the other blue. I go over to the bedside.

She turns to me, tears in her eyes. "Your here!" A tear escapes from her eyes.

I wipe it away before it can roll all the way down her cheek. "Shh, of course I am."

She scoots over in her bed, then motions me with her head for me to sit down next to her. I do so without any hesitation. As soon as I am next to her I put my arms around her, holding her tightly.

"I love you." I said. "And I wish I could have been there every step of the way with you."

She looks at me. "I love you too, Hayden." She pauses for a moment. "Did you figure out a way that I can be with you again?"

I nod. "One of my old friends figured out a way. He's a lawyer." I smiled at her.

She frowns.

"What's wrong?" I frowned. "Do you not want us to be together again?"

She shakes her head. "I don't like it when you smile."

"Why not, Desi? You used to love it."

"Because they aren't on my neglected lips!" she cries out.

I chuckle and gently put my lips on her's for a moment. Then I pull away.

"I wasn't done!" she said.

"Yeah, but we can kiss later. Right now we have children in front of us." I reminded her. "Our children."

She perked up instantly at the mention of our babies. She looks down at them lovingly. "Aren't they precious?"

"They are perfect." I said.

She smiles at me, snuggling up against my chest. She then looks down at our children again. "What are we going to name them?"

I sigh. "I honestly have no clue. I wish we'd had more time to think about this."

"Same here."

"Don't name my niece and nephew something weird!" Dallas says walking into the room, followed by the twins, Sara, Will, Hanna, Mason, and Alicia.

"Aww, they are so cute." Hanna and Sara gushed at the same time.

"Babies are always cute!" Will insists.

"I'm so proud of you, honey!" Alicia says to Desi.

My love looks confused. "Why?"

"Because you have now joined the mother's club." she said, all teary eyed.

"Well she already has if you include Hayden." Mason teases.

The twins burst out laughing. "Baby Haydy."

I glared at them.

"Hayden," Desi's voice says softly.

I look down at her. "What?"

"Can you please stop giving the twins death glares? I dn't want our babies to pick it up this early of an age!" she says.

I smile at her.

"We'll leave you two......well four alone." Alicia says, hearding the group out with her.

Then it was just Desi, our little babies, and me all snuggled up together on the hospital bed. It was nice to be with her again. Better then nice. Damn it was amazing.

"Want to hold one?" Desi asks me.

"Sure." I said eagerly. Then I froze. "Unless you want to keep holding them both."

She kisses my cheek. "You can hold one. Besides, my arm is falling asleep. Which one do you want to hold?"

"Um, the little girl." I said. "I wanna hold future mini Desi."

She giggles and hands her to me carefully. "That means I get to keep holding future mini Hayden."

"I like the sound of that." I tease.

Desi smiles brightly. "So do I. But I think I prefer this one."

"Oh and why is that?" I ask.

"Because your my husband, and I love you." she said. "And we really need to name our babies before we name them after ourselves."

"True. So what were you thinking about for our little boy?" I ask her.

"I was thinking of Liam." she suggested.

"I like it, but where did you think of that from?" I asked her, since Liam isn't exactly a common name.

She blushed. "It was Angel's name before he was turned into a vampire."

Leave it up to my Desi to name something as important as our baby something from Buffy The Vampire Slayer/Angel. I have to admit, it is a good name though.

"Fine since you named him Liam I name the girl Sophie." I said.

"I am not having my daughter named after slutty Sophie shorts!" she snapped at me.

"Watch the language, baby." I said to her gently.

She blushes. "Oops."

"How about Sophia then?" I asked her.

She smiles. "Now that I agree with."

An hour later Desi breast feeds for the first time. I was going to leave the room, but the nurse said I should stay in. Besides it's not like I haven't seen her breats before. Well I haven't seen them like they are now, plump with milk.

Once she is done breast feeding the babies are taken by the nurse so that they can get some sleep. Also so that Desi could get some sleep.

She curles up against my chest, wide-awake. "I missed you so much." she cries.

I hold onto her tightly. "I missed you."

"Don't leave me." she said. "Promise me."

"I promise, no I swear, that I will never leave you, Desiray Edwards. You are my wife, my life." I told her.

She giggles childishly. The giggle I had loved so much. "Youra poet and betcha didn't even know it."

I smiled at her, chucklinga bit. "I love you, you know that right?"

She reaches up and kisses my nose. "Just as I love you. Only a lot less."

"Not possible." I said.

"You didn't have to carry two of your........our children for eight months. You have no idea how much it hurts your back!" she tells me.

"When you get out of here I will give you a nice back massage."

"Now you can get me a nice kiss." she said with a completely innocent look that she was somehow able to give perfectly.

I kiss her softly. "How was that?"

She pouts. "By nice kiss I meant a total bad one."

"Oh, I get it." I smile at her. "Like this?" I then put my lips on her's against. This time I don't pull back. Instead we just keep on kissing.

It was the type of kiss that should be illegal since it is so powerful. So emotional. There are millions of emotions wrapped up into this one kiss: frustration, love, anger, saddness, joy, happiness, and countless others. It was truly one of the best kisses I've ever had in my entire life.

Especially now that my wife was back in my arms. For good this time.