Chapter 5

I, Desiray Riley, am screwed. And not in the typical sense on how the teenage girl is screwed by her boyfriend and ends up pregnant. It's worse than that. Or inmy point of view it is. Allow me to explain everything that has happened in the past week.
A hot guy named Hayden Edwards shows up at my house one morning. Turns out I have an arraged marriage to him that our great great great grandparents or something like that set. Lucky me, right? WRONG! Turns out, he's also my new English teacher. We've kissed a coupl of times and I'm beginning to really like him.
So now your caught up on everything that has happened to me in the past week. Oh, yeah, except for the fact that he is living inside my house now because a stalkerish teacher is after him.
Now it's Monday, a week after he moved in. I head to his class room. He looks up at me when I walk into the class room, but then quickly looks down. I look away from him, too. Hoping that the blush that starts to spread across my face doesn't continue. But too late, it already has.
Mason noticed. "Desi, your face is redder than a tomato." he said to me.
"Thanks, Mase." I said to him sarcastically. "That's just what every girl wants to hear from her guy best friend. I really wish Hanna wasn't sick. 'Cause your ass would be kicked till there's no tomorrow for that."
He laughs. "I know, and that I'm thankful for."
We head to our seats in class. I kept looking down the entire walk, the blushing decreasing at too slow of a pace.
All through class I kept looking down, not trusting myself to look up, feeling as if I would look right up into Hayden's face.
"Today we are going to start on a book assignment." he says. "Chose a book character from your favorite book and create a powerpoint about him or her. They will be due Wensday. Mason, come and hand out the rubric." Mason got up and helped him pass out the papers. "Everyone, pull out your laptops and start." Everyone pulled out their laptops, but me. I didn't have mine. Shit.
"Desiray," Hayden calls me forward.
I go up to his desk. "Yes, Mr. Edwards?" His last name so forgein to me.
"Your mother brought yours this morning." he says.He hands me my laptop bag.
I thank him and then head to my desk. I pull out my laptop to see a sticky note on it. It says: Knew you'd need this so I got it before we left. I give him a soft smile and then turn it on after taking the note off and shoving it into my book bag.
It only took me a minute to think of who I was going to write. Clary Fray, or Clary Fairchild, from the Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare. That was my favorite series. Clary had the same problem I did. A forbidden romance. She was in love with her Shadowhunter brother, Jace, who in the end, she finds out isn't her brother. I love that series and can't wait for the next book to come out. Yes I am a book geek, and proud of it. I quickly get to work on the assignment. My hands flew over the keys and I was almost done by the time that Hayden said to start putting everything up. With a sigh I saved the project to my desktop and then put everything up.
"Desiray, stay back please." Hayden said to me after the bell rang.
I waited for the last student to go out and close the door. Once they did, Hayden pulled me into his arms.
"And what did you want me to stay back for?" I asked him.
"I missed you." he says truthfully.
"You saw me this morning." I teased.
He chuckles softly. "I know that, but it's been a long time since then."
"Tell me about it." I reply.
His lips touched mine and I couldn't wait to get home so that I could get back to doing this without having to hide it from everyone's view.
I pulled away when a thought accured to me. "Your class will be coming soon."
He smiles. "I have a free period."
"I have class." I remind him.
"I'll send a note saying that you were helping me with something." he said with a michieveous smile.
"What if someone walks in?" I ask him.
"My door is locked." he said.
"You do know that there is a such thing as a master key."
"'Course I know that. The school doesn't have one though. It's just something they threaten students with to stop them from doing dirty things in empty class rooms."
"Such as you want to do to me?" I ask him.
He smiles. "Exactly. Except soon we are going to be married. Whereas everyone else, is probably not going to be. Not soon anyways."
Then I surrendered into his lips.