Chapter 37

Graduation day. I am standing here in my little gown and gap. Well not so little gown and cap. Let's just say, five months pregnant is showing more then it should. I have an appointment tomorrow to know why I am larger then expected.

But that's tomorrow. I just have to get done with today. I am sitting here right now with Sara and Will, waiting for our names to be called.

"Desiray Edwards." they say.

I am both sad and happy about the name they called. I only wished that Hayden could be here to support me as I walked across that stage. I took the deploma from the principle and shook his hand. Then I walked off stage and went back to my seat. Will had gotten his before me, so I rested my head on his shoulder.

He squeezes my hand. "He would be so proud of you." he whispers.

I give him a small weak smile. "Thank you." I whisper back.

Sara got her deploma and joined us in our little comfort-depressed-Desi fest.

After graduation was over we headed to the place I was staying. I still refused to call it home. Curt and Courtney had said it was okay if they spent the night. We watched a movie marathon of a bunch of random movies in the room I was given. The TV had been my graduation present.

Surprisingly I graduated from high school on the honor role list, after not even being closed to it at my old one. Guess that's just because I hoped to see Hayden if I had good grades.

"Are you okay?" Sara asks me.

I burst into tears. "I want Hayden." I cry.

She and Will pull me into their arms, rubbing my back gently. They don't say anything, cause honestly there is nothing that they can really say. They just try and comfort me the best that they can.

**the next day**

Sara, Will, Curt, and Courtney take me to the doctor. I am nervous. Today would be my first ultra sound. I really wish Hayden was here.

My name is called Sara, Will and I follow the nurse to one of the rooms. Curt and Courtney didn't want to follow. Which I was glad that they didn't.

I was set on the table. A doctor came in and smiled. "Hello, Desiray Edwards. How are you?" he asks.

"Been better." I say with a sigh.

He turns to Will. "I am guessing that you are the father of the child."

"What?" all three of us ask with a laugh.

"I'm gay!" Will says. "Desi is one of my besties."

"Oh!" the doctor said. "Sorry. Did the father leave you?"

"That's a little forwards, but no, he didn't. He's my husband. I was taken away from him since it was an arranged marriage." I said.

"So it was a loveless relationship?" he asks.

I shake my head. "Hayden loves me. And I love him. Curt thought I was forced into the relationship so he called the police and was somehow able to take me away."

"Oh that's terrible." the doctor says as he covers my belly in the cold gel. He looks at a TV monitor thing. Then smiles at me.

"How is my baby?" I ask.

"They are both doing fine." he said.

"Both?" Sara and I ask in shock.

"Congratulations Desiray Edwards, you are expecting twins." he said.

My eyes widened. Twins!

I was going to be the mother of twins!