Chapter 32

Though a killers mind is a twisted one, it all comes back to some fatal back story that lead to them being scared. But, there is also the trigger. If we all went off on some psychotic whim because of a bad experience in our life...the world would be full of murders. This trigger, this is what sets a murder from someone who is just damaged. What that trigger is? Well, that's for the audience and characters to find our for themselves.

*Vex*

Closing Noah's laptop, I sighed, running my fingers through my hair. For the last few days, with school being closed, I had refused to leave his house. My mom of course stopped by, checking on me daily and even staying for awhile but, other than that, I stayed here. I had a viable reason of course. After what had happened at the bowling alley, Emma had gone to Will's house, only for him to be sawed in half right in front of her.

After that, I guess I snapped. I stayed at Noah's, going wherever he went unless it was just downstairs to the kitchen. At first, I thought I was just being annoying, probably scaring him. After yesterday though, when I realized he was doing the same, I felt better. If the killer targeted Emma's ex boyfriend, what was to stop him from targeting Noah as well? Noah was my boyfriend and he liked to play games with me. I couldn't let that happen.

After discovering the adoption papers, I hadn't said much to my mom. I had planned too, but with Will, I just couldn't. Frankly, I wasn't even mad at her. Hurt? Yeah, I was beyond hurt that she hid it from me for so long, but mad? I couldn't be mad. The last few days though, my depression had sunk deeper. I wasn't a Wilson...I was a James. For hours, me and Noah had discussed who my real father was...Troy or Brandon? Of course, Brandon was killed a few years before I born, leaving Troy to be my father.

"What you thinking about?" Came Noah's soft voice from beside me. Snapping out of my thoughts, I turned my chair to him, standing up slowly.

"Everything. How quickly our lives have been turned upside down." Crossing over to him, I sat beside him on the bed, leaning my head onto his shoulder gently.

"Yeah, I know." He said quietly, reaching over to clutch my hand in his. We hadn't talked much in the last few days, we were both to scared. Instead, it was little touches to assure us both that the other was okay...that they were alive.

"School starts back up Monday. They've decided that a week is enough time to grieve." His voice was low, no emotion filling it as he squeezed my hand once more. Looking up at him, I gently moved a strand of hair to the side, touching his forehead lightly. His eyes closed, his hand still holding mine as I kissed his cheek.

"We'll make it through this together." I whispered. His hand tightened against mine, his head slowly nodding as his eyes opened, looking at me.

"That sounds great." Smiling, I pecked his lips before looking back at the laptop.