Chapter 21

*Vex*

Arriving at the graveyard, I quickly scrambled out of the car, heading for the small cherry tree in the far corner of the yard. Under it, lay a small headstone with We's name on it, fresh flowers placed around it by what I could only assume were his parents. Taking a seat, I stared at the grey stone, trying to think of something to say.

"I don't know what to do Wes." I began, taking in a deep breath. "I just, I'm trying to move on, trying to let go but, after this move, it just seems like everything is resurfacing. The wound had just begun healing and then someone just tore the bandage off once more. I can't-" I felt myself begin to choke on my own tears as I talked, wishing that he was here now to help me. "I can't, it's to hard. Everyone expects me to be perfect, to never fail them but I end up doing it anyway. I failed you, I failed my mother, I failed Noah." Sighing, I scooted forward, leaning against the headstone, imagining he was right beside me.

"Mom's worried about me. I was attacked yesterday, I'm fine now but I'm also scared. I wouldn't tell her, I didn't want her to worry more but now, every little sound in my house makes me jump. I sleep with my door locker as well as my windows because I'm scared that, if it happens again, he'll just kill me. I feel so alone now, and I don't know what to do anymore. Whoever this creep is, he's using my past against me- our past. My friends know, but others don't. I said it today, right in front of Noah and Audrey. I told them that not just you were dead, but also my father. When I had told Audrey the story, I told her I shot him in the leg when really, I had aimed right for his head and pulled the trigger without any hesitation." Shaking my head, I chuckled darkly, trying to stop myself from crying. I had done enough of that already. Changing the subject, I decided to talk about something we always discussed when he was alive. 

"The blog, the one I promised I would make big for you, it's going well. I've used the resent horrors in my life to fuel my writing. I like to think that you'd be proud, that'd you lift me up in your arms like you used to and spin me around the room until we both collapsed in a pile." Looking down at the ground, I smiled softly to myself. "God, I miss you. Every damn day I miss you. I like to think though that you're watching over me, keeping me safe- but, that's just the dream of a silly little girl." Sitting silently, I pulled my knees to my chest, letting myself cry it out before I go to return home.

<><><><><><>

Pulling into my driveway, I checked the time to see that it was 9:30 already. I had left my phone on silent and in the car while I sat at Wes's grave. Looking at it now, I saw that there were many frantic missed calls and texts from my mother. The last one though made me smile.

I know you're okay, I'm just a little worried. I heard about today, your friend Audrey called. I love you. Shaking my head a little, I got out of the car, making my way up to the front door and pushing it open. I didn't freeze this time, merely walked in and tried not to think about it. Something dropped on the floor before my mother rushed into the hall to greet me.

'You have a friend upstairs." Cocking my head to the side, I nodded tiredly. Of course Audrey would come over, after today, she'd feel it to be her responsibility. Opening my door, I was prepared to give her a small smile, only for my face to crumple at who it actually was. Noah sat on my bed, his head down and his fingers locked together as his foot taped rapidly on the floor. Closing the door, his head wiped up to me, revealing his puffy red eyes. Silently, I dropped my bag next to my desk, looking down at him.

"What are you doing here?" I asked softly, leaning back against my wall. He sighed, shaking his head.

"I really don't know." He whispered. Slowly, I walked over, sitting next to him on the bed. All the while, his eyes followed me, taking in my every movement. "I'm so- so sorry about earlier. I didn't know and even then, I should never have said what I said." He was rambling on, speaking fast as he tried to cram everything in before I stopped him. Shaking my head, I let out a calming shh.

"It's fine, really. I had time to deal with it, and I'm over it." Noah's eyes gazed into mine.

"Is that why you weren't at the vigil?" I nodded. "Then where were you?" I smiled sadly, shrugging my shoulder.

"I went to his grave. I needed someone to talk to, I needed him." Biting his lip, Noah turned away just as a tear slid down his cheek.

"I should never have said those things, never have done what I did. I came here because I needed to apologize. At the vigil, it finally hit me that this person would go after everyone and he already went after you. I just, I couldn't-" He hung his head, looking down, I could see his hands were shaking. "I couldn't bear the thought of you getting hurt or worse and hating me. If we were to both die tonight, I would want you to know that I'm sorry." Looking down at my own hands, I nodded.

"I'm sorry too. I shouldn't... I shouldn't have pushed you to choose, I should've just let it be." Noah's head snapped up, causing my eyes to meet his.

"You didn't push me to do anything, I kissed you. I made that choice, not you. You had every right... I was the stupid one." Smiling a little, I shook my head.

"You're not stupid." My voice was barely above a whisper. His lip quirked up as he looked at me.

"I can be." Smirking, I nodded my head. There was no time to think, both our bodies reacted equally as fast. In a moment, I was hugging him as he hugged me. He hadn't declared his undying love for me, he hadn't even said if he wants me like that in the slightest, but, from this hug I could take away the fact that I had my friend back. I hadn't completely lost him and I could confide in him once more. Letting a tear slip, I smiled into his shoulder, squeezing him tightly.

<><><><><><><><>

Waking up, I instantly realized that Noah hadn't left last night. For one, my door was propped wide open unlike my new habit of locking it tight, two, he was curled up beside me in a ball, his eyes still closed as he lightly snored. Laughing at him, I rolled over, grabbing my phone and opening the camera. Focusing in on his face, I took a picture, only to realize I hadn't turned off the flash. He was instantly awake, rubbing his eyes before turning to look at me. A sly smile spread onto my face as I continued to hold the phone up, the camera still open.

"I'm going to get you for that." He groaned, plopping back down on the pillow. "Later." Giggling, I dropped the phone, curling up and staring straight at him. His eyes were fixated onto my ceiling, but suddenly, he turned his head, smiling at me.

"You're staring again." Rolling my eyes, I punched his shoulder, earning a chuckle from him. I couldn't help it though, I continued to stare at him, him staring at me as well. Finally, I made the goofiest face I could manage before sitting up, reaching under my bed for my laptop. Feeling around, I was surprised to find that it wasn't where I had left it.

"Hey Noah, did you touch my computer?" I asked. He sat up, shaking his head. Standing off the bed, I bent down, searching under it. My laptop was no where in sight. Standing up, I walked over to my desk, pulling open the drawers as I looked for the grey PC. 

"Noah, seriously. If this is a joke, haha , you got me." I heard him stand as well, walking over to me.

"Vex, seriously, I didn't touch your laptop, what's wrong." Slamming the drawer shut and leaning back against my desk, I let out a strangled cry.

"He took it." Noah scrunched his nose, stepping in front of me.

"Who took what? Vex, what are you talking about?" Looking up at Noah, I bit my lip.

"My mom told me the killer had been upstairs, he had used my grandmothers ashtray to knock me out. I didn't understand why he was up here until now. He took my laptop." Noah's brows furrowed as he looked at me.

"Why are you freaking out about it so much?" Closing my eyes, I gripped the edges of my desk.

"Because Noah, it has everything on it. Everything. What happened to my dad, what happened to Wes. The teens that were killed." Noah shook his head, looking down at me.

"There's more isn't there? What's on that laptop." Scrunching my brows, I tried to calm myself.

"Motive."

------------------------

Hope you enjoyed this addition, so glad they made up but now there's even more trouble! 

Vote/ comment and keep being awesome!

~Lily