Chapter 28

*Vex*

Walking into Noah's room, I flopped onto his bed without a moments hesitation. His bed was, by far, the most comfortable thing I had ever sat or laid on in my life. I sighed in content as he laid down beside me, taking my hand in his.

"Do you think she's guilty?" He whispered. Looking up at his ceiling, I shook my head, giving his hand a tight squeeze.

"I think we haven't heard the whole story yet. The camera was shut off and really, we all know Rachel isn't the killer. Rachel would never have let Audrey go and kill someone without letting anyone know. Even if Audrey just dropped her off on the side of the road, she would have contacted someone. Audrey isn't a killer." His body shifted slightly before I could hear a small sigh escape his lips.

"I just- I don't know who to trust anymore, besides of course you and Emma. But even then, I only really trust you an Audrey. Now, this sick psycho is trying to play us all against each other." Smiling a little, I turned my head to stare at the side of his face. His eyes were closed, his lips pressed tightly together as he tried to think. Crawling over, I laid my head on his chest, wrapping an arm around his middle.

"You just have to believe in Audrey. This is what the killer wants. He wants you to turn on her but you can't give in, not now, not ever." His hand reached in my hair, stroking it gently as his other came up to grip my arm.

"You're right. I just, I feel so bad now for doubting her." Shaking my head, I titled it up to look at him.

"Don't feel bad. She'll understand. I understood why, she will too." Smiling at me, Noah leaned up a little, kissing the tip of my nose before lying back down. For a few minutes, we sat there in silence, the only movement either of us were making was him stroking my hair.

"You know, I never did tell you, but I love this hair." A snort escaped my nose as I curled into him, silencing my laughter through his side.

"Yeah well, it was time for a change." Noah chuckled before sitting up, causing a groan of displeasure to escape my lips.

"Noah!" I whined, holding onto him as he tried to pry himself loose.

"Jesus, I will be back. I'm going to go get some food and a movie for us." I whined again, trying to get him to stay. Eventually though, he pried my arms away, running out the door before I could grab him again. With a huff, I rolled back down, burying my face in his pillows and letting in a deep breath. God...it smelled so nice. I continued to do that until there was a laugh behind me.

"Are you....are you sniffing my pillows?" I had been caught. My face turning red, I held up my thumb before taking one last, silent sniff. Then, I rolled over. In his arms, he held a few bags of chips, a couple cans of soda and a bag of snickers minis. For a moment, my eyes widened, the fat kid inside of me taking over. With another laugh, he threw the food at me, revealing the movie he held between the food and his chest. I didn't catch the title, but I could tell it was a horror flick. Pushing it into his TV, he came back down to sit beside me just as I opened a bag of Doritos, sticking my hand in and grabbing one of the perfect triangular, nacho cheese chips. Popping it into my mouth, I moaned loudly at the taste of it. Food was my drug. Sitting beside me, Noah reached over, grabbing a chip from the bag as he fast forwarded through the trailers.

"Texas Chainsaw Massacre, eh?" I asked, reading the title before he pressed play.

"Well, I though it would fit. Sides, I wanted a cannibalistic serial killer movie." Laughing a little, I poked his arm.

"Why not Silence of the Lambs? Hannibal Lector would have been an amazing choice." Noah shrugged, leaning back on his elbow as we munched Doritos, ignoring the other snacks he had brought.