Chapter 14

*Vex*

Waking up, I found that me and Noah were completely entangled in each other. His face was mere inches from mine, so close, I could kiss him. Shaking my head slightly, I moved carefully, trying not to wake him. Well, I failed. His arm tightened around my waist before his eyes shot open, revealing his bright orbs. They held a small bit of panic in them but it faded quickly, his eyes gazing into mine. For a minute, I wondered if he was having a nightmare. 

"Morning." He whispered, smiling at me as he moved a little, still keeping us cuddled together. Why wasn't he moving away? This has obviously have to be weird for him. I'm not complaining of course but- he doesn't think of me that way. Especially not now. Ignoring the questions running through my mind, I smirked at him, poking his chest.

"You're one hell of a cuddle buddy, you know?" He laughed, surprised by my sudden joke. Still, he made no attempt to separate us, something I was very aware of. Mostly though, I was aware of how closely pressed together we were, how his face was only inches from mine.

"I think you did this, I'm pretty sure you attacked me." Laughing, I shook my head, looking passed him. The clock read midnight, meaning that it wasn't morning. Groaning, I closed my eyes, being brave and snuggling closer to him.

"I'm going back to sleep, your warmth will help." He laughed, keeping his arm wrapped around me as I sniffed his cologne. God, he smelled so good... ugh, it's like my weakness. Trying to not draw attention to myself, I continued to smell him by breathing through my noise. I could lay like this forever.

"Are you really going back to sleep?" He asked. I shook my head in his arm, staying snuggled up to him.

"No, but I wasn't kidding, you're like a freaking furnace." His body shook under me as another laugh coursed through him.

"Yeah, well you're not as ice cold as you think you are. Actually, I think I'm beginning to sweat." Smiling, I continued to lay in his arms, ignoring his constant poking at my ribs. Finally, when he stopped and all was still, I listened to the soft thumping of his heart.

"Thank you." I heard him whisper. I smiled a little, turning so that I could like up at him. Unfortunately, I was looking up at his chin since his head was right over mine.

"For what?" I asked softly.

"For staying with me, for being here." His voice was quiet; unsure. Raising my free hand, I tilted his head to look at me. There were tears brimming his eyes.

"Noah? What's wrong?" He shook his head, closing his eyes as he leaned into my palm.

"I really don't know. One minute, I'm happy then, the next, I feel like someone punched me in the gut." Rubbing my thumb over his cheek, I reached up, kissing his forehead. I felt bold, I felt like I and only I could comfort him and that gave me strength. He liked me being here, he liked me being around. Pulling away, I saw a small smile on his face.

"Noah, I truly promise you here and now, it'll get better. I know you liked Riley, I know that it's horrible but you will find someone who makes you happy. You will find someone who will ease this pain and you will make it past this, I promise. Until then, I'll be here, trying to make you as happy as I can. Audrey will be here, making sure you're happy. You're not going through this alone." A sad smile lit his lips as he looked down at me, his eyes holding something unfamiliar. Ignoring it as best as I could, I smiled up at him.

"What? Is there something in my teeth?" Jokingly, I ran my tongue over my teeth, trying to find something that wasn't there. He chuckled, shaking his head in my hand.

"No, it's just- you're an amazing friend. I'm just glad that I became friends with you." I cocked my head to the side, pursing my lips.

"What do you mean? Were you not going to be friends with me?" He smiled, shrugging a little.

"You were the beautiful, mysterious new girl who winked at me once. Then, I learned you were the devil herself's cousin. Then they found her body, blah, blah, blah. I learned you owned The Last Scream, blah, blah, blah. Now, here we are. I'm glad it came to this." Smiling, I felt the blush rise to my cheeks. I was happy too, but- he thought I was beautiful. 

"Well, it helped that you were this super cute nerd who had the same horror movie fetish as me. But, let's be clear, I'm really just in it for the free movies and video games." Noah scoffed, rolling his eyes at me.

"That sentence started out really well and ended really badly." Laughing, I reached up, flicking his nose.

"I think that sentence was perfect and completely true." With a smile, Noah shook his head, touching my hand that was still lightly pressed against his cheek. Carefully, he traced little patterns on my hand, closing his eyes and leaning farther into it. I couldn't help it, I smiled widely up at him while trying to decipher what was happening, what he was doing. Really, I didn't care, I was more worried about him. I didn't want him to do anything he didn't want- anything he would regret. No matter how much that hurt, that if he kissed me or continued to lay like this he'd regret it, I still had to make sure he didn't do it.

"Are you really okay, Noah?" I whispered, rubbing circles on his cheek once more. He nodded, biting his lips slightly as a tear slid down his cheek.

"I don't know really. It's horrifying, people dying and yes, I really liked Riley. I'm going to catch whoever did this, for her. But, I don't know. It doesn't hurt as bad as I thought it did. I guess having someone here helps with that, but, it doesn't feel like I died like it did when you stayed with me. Now, now it just hurts." Sighing, I caught another tear that slid down his face. "What really hurts is that, it doesn't hurt. I want to feel worse that she is gone, but I can't. I want revenge, I want him to pay for taking her life- but I don't feel the loss I did."

"Noah, you're just upset. You lost someone, that's something everyone goes through and it hurts, but it get better." Noah shook his head, opening his tortured eyes to look at me. For a moment, I just stared up at him, trying to calm him with my eyes. Then, he did the unexpected.

------------------------------------

Oh lord, what did he do? 

Keep voting/commenting and following me! You guys rock and I'll talk to you soon!

~Lily