Chapter 15

*Vex*

His lips met mine, knocking my breath away. Tensing up, I didn't know what to do, then, I found my bravery. Carefully, I kissed him back, feeling completely guilty yet, completely thrilled. Letting it continue, I kissed him back with as much force as he was applying, earning a small smile from him. Not long after, he pulled away just a little, still leaning over me with a quirky smile on his face.

"That was-" I began, unable to find the words. I had enjoyed it... my god he was a good kisser. His lips were so soft and- wait! What was I doing? He just lost Riley, I can't do this, I can't just go and kiss him. He's not thinking straight, he's- but the way he's looking at me, that's not just him being upset. It can't be, he likes me too.

"Amazing." He whispered lightly, leaning down to peck my lips once more before cuddling with me. I smiled, burying my face into his neck as my cheeks turned to flames. Noah laughed, pulling me closer as he continued to hum with laughter.

"What?" I asked, my curiosity overcoming my sudden shyness.

"Who would have thought I could leave Vex Wilson speechless by merely kissing her." Rolling my eyes, I punched his shoulder, lying back down on his arm.

"You didn't leave me speechless, I'm just... thinking." He laid his head down on the pillow, staring at me intently.

"About what?" He questioned. His voice was soft, no force behind it, giving me the freedom to avoid the question. This was Noah though, I could tell him anything, right? Except for what happened to Wes and your father, what really happened. Closing my eyes, I winced slightly, hoping he wouldn't notice. No, I already told Audrey to much with that, would I really want to tell Noah? He probably wouldn't want to be around me once he knew. Ugh, opening my eyes, I shrugged.

"It's just, I didn't even think you liked me this way." I said softly, averting my eyes from his. He sighed, touching my cheek gently.

"Then you obviously did not hear me and Audrey's phone conversation the night of your first day of school. I literally called you the hottest nerd I had ever seen, then went into a full length rant about how beautiful you hair is." I didn't mean to, it just came out, but I snorted. My laugh was wild, I couldn't calm down. That sound like Noah, of course he would talk  about my hair.

"Really?" I said, trying to calm down. He chuckled, nodding his head.

"Yeah, yeah actually. We talked about how whether our not those caramel waves were natural or not and if your blue eyes were real or contacts. I swear to god, she hated me afterwards. She did not want to have a lengthy conversation about the new girl." Calming down, I looked over at Noah, a blush creeping onto my cheeks.

"Why didn't she tell me?" I asked.

"Well, when we started becoming friends, I threatened to send her to the depths of hell if she muttered a word about it. Then, when... well you know. I had had a crush on her for a couple years and she was finally taking an interest in me. You were the new girl, I didn't really think you'd like me that way especially since there were guys talking about how they would grow a pair and ask you out soon. I just, I didn't think you'd want a social outcast like me." Sighing, I stroked his cheek gently, giving him a sad smile.

"I had an almost instant crush on you. Hanging out with the social outcast who was super hot and funny had its benefits." Rolling his eyes, he smiled; relieved that I admitted my crush over him.

"Is that why you stayed with me? Because you liked me?" He asked softly. I shook my head, giving him a small smile.

"I know what it's like to loose someone you care about, I also know that no matter how much you say you want to be alone, really, you want someone there. I stayed as one of your best friends, not as a love struck girl." His arms tightened around me as he brought me into a hug, burying his face in my hair. He obviously wasn't expecting that answer. I guess I could understand, I would be worried to. He had put his trust in me by letting me see him weak. To find out it was all a ruse because they had a crush on you, it would hurt. I would never do that to him though, I'm his friend first until he decides otherwise. Though, that was having me wonder. Was this it? Once I leave in the morning, is he still going to want to be with me? Is he still going to try? Or is this just now, is he just caught up in the moment? It felt like a knife was being stabbed into my heart just thinking about it. I could tell myself all I wanted that Noah wouldn't do that, but, even your closest friends do some crazy and cruel things when they are upset. What if this was just Noah being upset? A small tear rolled down my cheek, landing on Noah's shirt as I thought of it. It hurt to think about. I should leave, just leave right now and learn whether he really does like me or this is just for him to get over Riley. But, I can't. Of course I can't. I want him to like me, I want him to care for me. 

For the next few hours, we continued to talk about random things, both of us avoiding what had just happened. As the sun began to rise, it's bright rays bursting into the room through Noah's thin curtains, I grabbed my phone and my keys, saying goodbye to Noah with promises of meeting him at the bat cave later. For now, I needed to go home, maybe take a shower and calm down. Pulling into my drive way, I let out a frustrated groan, slamming my palm down on the wheel. Why couldn't I just have a normal, un-complicated relationship with a boy I really liked? Groaning, I hopped out of the truck, walking up to the front door and putting the key in. Suddenly, the door slowly opened, completely ajar and unlocked. Looking back in the driveway, I didn't see my moms car in the lot. Carefully stepping onto the welcome mat, I looked behind the door, making sure no one was there before taking another carefully step in.

"Mom, you there?" I called, carefully avoiding closing the door behind me. You never close your door, you never walk so deep into the house you can't run out. Peeking as far around the corner as I could, I didn't see anyone. A loud slam startled me, I didn't even have time to turn around. It was the front door, but that isn't what stopped me. I felt a sharp sting to the back of my head before it all went black.

------------------------------

Another cliffhanger and Nex is getting complicated. Hope you guys enjoyed it, I'll begin writing again soon, hope you enjoyed!

Keep voting/ commenting and following me! You guys rock and your comments make my day.

~Lily