Chapter 27

*Vex*

Racing in my truck to Audrey's place, I pulled to the curb a few houses down, making sure we were unnoticeable to the cops that were probably going to be coming.

"Okay, we walk from here." Jumping out, I slammed my door shut as Emma and Noah followed, Noah grabbing my hand as we jogged to Audrey's house. Making our way around the side, we walked into the back yard, stopping at the glass back doors. I watched as Emma went straight for a potted plant, pulling it up and looking for a spare key.

"Damn." She grumbled, setting it back down. "They used to hide their key here." Looking around, I spotted a way in, but I was sure Noah and Emma couldn't get to it.

"Yeah, we used to leave our back door unlocked. Then a serial killer happened." Looking between the two, I sighed.

"I can get in. If you guys think of something, meet me upstairs." Turning around, I carefully climbed the side of the house, looking back to send Noah a wink before pulling myself onto the roof. This was something I learned from sneaking out of the house to meet Wes. Carefully walking around the side, I made my way to Audrey's window, pulling it open. I could have sworn I heard Emma say something about a plan B as I slipped into the room, shutting the window.

"Okay Audrey, where the hell do you keep your SD cards?" I asked myself, walking over to her bed. Getting down on my hands and knees, I looked under the bed. Nothing. Getting up, I opened her bedside drawer, searching through the pencils and items in the drawer. Still nothing. The door opening made me jump, causing me to bump into the dresser.

"Where does she keep her SD cards?" Emma asked, walking into the room and sending me a quick smile. I smiled back before continuing to search.

"What do I look like, her personal assistant?" Noah retorted, starting his own search in the corner.

"Well, you look like someone who might know where she keeps her SD cards." Emma opened a drawer, only to shut it again. "That's clothes." Carefully walking over to the dresser, I helped Emma by searching through them. Noah muttered something in the corner as Emma opened a few dressers below one that wouldn't budge. Then, she picked up the sword.

"Hey, wait, hold on!" Noah said, stopping the search. We both stared at him, bewildered. "Uh, that's Elvish." Emma groaned softly as I let out a short laugh before she opened the drawer. Pulling it open, she began to dig through it.

"Woah, here they are." She said. Inside the drawers were boxes of SD cards. Walking over, we quickly looked through the drawers, Emma grabbing the SD card. "Got it." She said just as there was the sound of a car door slamming. Rushing to the window, me and Noah looked out in time to see the police arriving.

"Oh frak. We got the policia . We gotta get outta here." Noah said. Looking out, I watched as the police filed in to the house, only for Emma and Noah to be rushing back into the room.

"Guys." I began, not waiting to hear anything they were saying. "Follow me." Opening the window, we all rushed out, jumping from the roof just as I heard the sound of the bedroom door opening. In full sprint mode, we made it to my truck, all of us piling in with heavy breathing.

"That. Was. Close." I gushed out, trying to control my breath as I looked over at a wide-eyed Noah. Emma leaned forward from the back seat, holding up the SD card in her hand.

"Yeah, but we got it." Chuckling a little, I started the truck, backing down the street.

"Hell yeah, though, next time, let me go in. That was to close to call, you two could have been caught." Noah chuckled, looking ahead as I wiped around, driving off towards the bat cave.