Chapter 4

*Vex* 

Arriving at school the next day wasn't so difficult. After a 3 hour discussion where me and Noah teamed up against Audrey in a "Batman vs Superman" discussion, we had all agreed to meet up at school. I had met up with Audrey almost instantly, now we were just walking to find Noah.

"Superman would win. We discussed this last night!" I exclaimed, trying to reason with her. She wouldn't budge, this girl was a die-hard batman fan. Suddenly, I heard someone shout to Audrey. Looking over, I saw that it was Emma walking over to us. Coming to a stop, I stood beside Audrey as Emma advanced.

"Hey. Audrey." Audrey's eyebrows furrowed as she looked up at Emma.

"Hi. Emma." Her voice sounded unsure, so it was completely obvious that these two didn't have chats all the time.

"Uh, do you want to come to a party tonight? Both of you? Brooke's have a send-off for Nina with booze. An Irish wake kind of thing." Emma shot me a glance and a smile as well. I returned it, trying to be polite.

"I'm kind of grounded. There was this video that went around. It's okay, you saw it. Everyone saw it, I know." I patted Audrey's back slightly, just out of view of Emma. I know she acted like she wasn't affected, but you could see it hurt just enough.

"Well, it, uh, starts at 9:00 out at Wren Lake. I mean, you can bring whoever you want. But, no pressure. Maybe I'll see you there?" Without uttering a word, Audrey watched as Emma left before looking down at her feet.

"You okay? If you want, I'll be your plus one. I'm sure Noah will be there so it can't be all that bad right?" Audrey smiled a little, nodding slightly before continuing to walk. 

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

When I had finally got home after another long day of school, Noah, Audrey and I planning to car pool in my truck, I decided that tonight, I would dress up a little. Rushing to my room, I searched through my closet for the perfect dress, finally, my eyes landed on the royal blue knee length dress that went with a leather jacket. Pulling it on, I curled my hair before putting on a pair of leather ankle boots. Hoping into my truck, I drove to the addresses they had given me, stopping to get Audrey first and then Noah. 

Pulling into the grass at the Wren Lake house, all of us jumped out simultaneously. You could hear the music a mile away. Smiling over at them, I lead the way up the walkway to the house, pulling open the door. As soon as we walked in, I saw Brooke's face drop. Carefully, she stood up as we stood in the doorway, drawing the attention of everyone in the room. First, every boy looked at me, there eyes widening at the sight of me before looking at Noah and then finally, Audrey. Their expressions dropped as well. 

"Hi Audrey, how are you?" I looked at Audrey who looked slightly uncomfortable.

"Good, thanks. Um, you know Noah and Vex." Her eyes trailed over to us, a small smirk resting on her face.

"I have a little place just like this in the Hamptons." Brooke chuckled lightly.

"Okay. That's funny. Um, okay, food and drinks are over there, and suits in the cabana. If you want to swim." I watched as Jake approached, shooting me a wink.

"But suits are completely optional." Rolling my eyes, I looked past him, catching Emma's eye for a split second. Suddenly, Audrey walked away, pushing past Jake and Brooke. Only to stop as everyone looked at her. Rolling her head, she began to shout.

"I'm the one who kissed a girl." Noah walked forward, trying to follow his best friend. I did the same, contemplating going after her.

"Uh, you know, star of the viral video. Hey, look, she's kissing a girl." He let out a chuckle, trying to lighten the mood. "Right? Oh, uh, we'll be outside." The Noah left as did I, chasing after Audrey together. Once we had caught up, she insisted on being alone. So, me and Noah detoured back to the living room, grabbing a couple beers on the way. Somehow, we got separated and I ended up somewhere in the house with a few guys who were getting way to close. After a fascinating talk with one of them, I left, going to search the house for Noah. Finally, I found Audrey, Emma, Brooke and Will all seated on the deck. As soon as Audrey saw me, she waved me over, patting the seat beside her before going back into the conversation.