Chapter 11

*Vex*

"Noah?" I whispered softly. His head still laid on my shoulder. I had texted my mom, telling her what happened as well as that I probably wouldn't be back until tomorrow. Now, I was beginning to get a little uncomfortable- but I could handle that, it was Noah I was worried about. Pulling back, he sighed, his eyes staring numbly into mine.

"I'm sorry." He whispered. I touched his cheek, shaking my head.

"Noah, you have nothing to be sorry for-" There were more tears in his eyes, his face scrunching as he thought about Riley again. Pulling him back into my arms, I held him close as a short burst of sobs broke through, the tears coming hard and fast. After a couple minutes, he pulled back softly, once again staring at the walls. Sighing, I leaned my head on his shoulder, interlocking my hand with his.

"I'm going to make this right Noah- we're going to make this right." I whispered. There was no response but I knew he heard me, instead of answering, he squeezed my hand. For a few hours, we sat there, staring numbly at the wall. He needed his time but he also needed me, so I would give him both. I couldn't stand to see him like this- so down and depressed, not my Noah. But of course, he wasn't my Noah to begin with. He was Riley's and now she was gone. Anger flared through me, he was going to pay. I couldn't be Noah's girl, that is fine but he went and took away Noah's happiness. If I couldn't make Noah happy, I would sit back and let someone else do it. Now- now he had torn that from him. Closing my eyes, I let a tear slip out. For Riley and Noah.

"You okay?" He whispered, squeezing my hand in reassurance. I laughed incredulously.

"You're asking me if I'm okay? I'm worried about you." He chuckled lightly.

"Yeah, but that's what you do. You're always worried about everyone but you. You need someone to worry about you." Smiling softly, I bumped him with my head.

"You don't need to do that." He clutched my hand once more, his voice smaller.

"Yeah, I do. You and Audrey, you're really all I have left now. And besides, Audrey told me." I bolted up in shock, looking into Noah's eyes. He seemed confused but quickly began talking once more.

"She told me that he called you and threatened me, then she told me you went around the school to find me and Riley. Thank you for that." He whispered the last part, a small smile gracing his face but I could see it. The mention of Riley brought back the pain that had occurred only a couple hours ago. Smiling lightly, I once again rested my head on his shoulder, continuing to stare at the wall.

"Anytime Noah, for my friends, I'll break any rule I have too." He was silent, not even acknowledging it with a squeeze of my hand. Looking up, I saw the lightest hint of a smile on his face as well as a few tears brimming his eyes. With a sad smile, I kissed his check before hugging him once more and placing my head on his shoulder. There would be no sleep tonight, I wouldn't leave him alone to fight this. Instead, I focused in on a point on the wall and took in a deep breath. We would face this together.

<><><><><><><><><><><>

At some point, the light began to shine in though the windows, hinting that we had been up all night. Looking up at Noah, I saw the sleepy eyes and the dried tears. Even though the crying had ended hours ago, you could see just how mortified he was. Rubbing his arm slightly, I jumped at the sound of the door opening. Noah didn't move much, only squeezed my hand to reassure me. Turning a little, I saw that it was Audrey, carrying 3 cups of coffee as she made her way over. Quickly, I switched to Noah's left side, giving Audrey room to sit down with us.

"Hey. Found you." She said walking over to us. "Did you two sleep here last night?" She asked, handing us both our coffee's.

"Thank you." I mumbled tiredly, taking a sip of the still hot beverage.

"If by 'sleep' you mean 'stare numbly into space,' then, yeah, we slept." Noah said. Noah looked down at his phone which he had been playing on for a few minutes. I had ignored it for his sake, already knowing that it was the old texts between him and Riley.

"What are you reading?" Audrey questioned lightly. Noah leaned closer to Audrey, showing her his phone.

"Uh, highlights from my brief text relationship with Riley." He replied. I continued to sip at my coffee, looking between the two.

"Meet me by the football field. That's a really big one. Uh 'yes, my mom's on a kale kick.'" I scrunched up my nose, looking over at Audrey who I guess thought the same thing because she replied with a short "That's disgusting."

"Who would win in a cage match, Lady Gaga or Madonna?" A sad smile spread across my face as Audrey rooted for Gaga.

"Gaga would totally win right?" He said with a smile.

"Kick her ass." Audrey said softly. With a sigh, Noah leaned forward, placing his phone on the table. Taking another sip of my coffee, I debated leaving. Audrey was here now, he probably didn't need me here anymore.

"I don't know, the Victorians had it right. You know, I wish I had, like, a lock of her hair, or something real." As he spoke, I wiped away thoughts of leaving and rested my head on his shoulder just as Audrey did, I guess we had the same idea. We needed to comfort our friend. "You know, not just pixels."

"You have memories." Audrey said, lifting her head.

"You know, maybe if I'd punched my V-card, the rules of horror would have kicked in. Maybe I'd be the one who died."

"I don't think that's how it works." Audrey said, looking over at me with sad eyes. "I would offer to deflower you but I'd just be taking advantage of your heightened emotional state, and we can't have that." Noah scoffed.

"Thank you, that's very kind of you. Mmm. What about you Vex?" I laughed a little, shaking my head.

"Sorry, I don't offer my services to anguished teens. Sides' I know the rules of a horror movie just as well as you." Noah smiled slightly, nodding his head.

"Well, I'd rather channel my anguish into something productive. Maybe vigilante justice."

"Hey, we could team up, 'Bi-Curious, New Girl and The Virgin.'" I smiled, looking up at Noah who had a small smile on his face.

"That's the world's saddest crime-fighting trio." He held up both hands, doing the awkward handshake with me and Audrey. With a sigh, Audrey stood up.

"Come on new girl, virgin. We're gonna be late." Noah didn't stand.

"No, you guys go. I'm not ready to face reality yet." Noah said. Standing beside Audrey, I sighed.

"Do you want me to stay again?" Noah smiled, shaking his head.

"I do want you to stay, but you need some sleep and really, I think a little time alone will do me some good." With a reluctant smile, I nodded, taking his hand and giving it a small squeeze before following Audrey out.

"I'm going to the town meeting. I know you didn't really know her so you don't have to come." I was about to protest but she shook her head, stopping me.

"Really Vex, it's completely fine. Go home and get some sleep, you really need it." Giving her a small smile, I reluctantly headed towards my truck- pulling out of the lot and driving home.

---------------------------------------

Short chapter guys but I'll have a new update soon! Thank you for being patient and also, thank you for giving it a chance.

Keep voting/commenting as well as following me and I'll talk to you guys soon!

~Lily