Eating Contest

Adam's POV

Today was the school festival. As always I didn't care. But I was home alone so I thought I'll just go take a look.

I put on the beanie and jacket. I wore my favorites shoes and skinny jeans like I always do.

While I was walking around. I saw her. Lyra. She was placing plates on the table.

She had really silky hair. And a nice figure. Her face was really pretty. She looked serious placing the plates. But still she looked beautiful.

I shook my head when I realized I was starring at her.

Uhg! What is this girl doing to me??

"Lyra!" Someone called. I looked to the side to see the skinny guy who saw me dance calling her.

Hm? They know each other?

"Ian!" Lyra cried.

Suddenly Lyra was running towards the skinny guy. And gave him a hug.

I felt something in my chest that hurt. I was suddenly frowning. I turned away from them.

What's wrong with me?!

I walked around the festival and still can't get Lyra and the skinny dude hugging off my head. What is their relationship??

UHG whatever.

I was just walking, when suddenly I saw a poster about an eating contest.

An eating contest. That's great. I should join. It wasn't my thing, but I could really use this to gain some weight.

And lucky I get to have a coupon for a fancy restaurant if I win.

I signed up and they told me to get up the stage and sit. There were about 10 people in the contest.

Well whatever I just wanna win.

They first served us 10 burgers. I started eating, but still kept my posture. The other contestant were slobbering the food.

On the second round 2 guys left before we could start. Nice 7 more to defeat. On the second round they served us 10 slices of pizza. This was easy since I really love pizzas.

Later people started leaving. 3 of us were left. And on the 3rd round they served us 10 pieces of chicken. Awesome. But this time I was already starting to feel full.

I looked at the other contestant.their was one in the middle and another one at the far end. It was the skinny dude. He was the other contestant far from me. I looked behind him and saw Lyra. She looked worried and sad. Again I felt something in my chest.

I looked back at my plate and just started eating. I was slowing down since I can't get Lyra's sad face off my head. But still I was able to finish.

Before the 4th round could begin the other contestant gave up. It was just me and skinny dude. I took a sneak pick at Lyra again. She was Smiling. But not the real one. She still looked worried for the skinny dude.

I looked away. I should stop looking at her. When the staff was handing me the next food I heard Lyra said my name.

"Adam?" Suddenly my heart began to beat fast. Just hearing her say my name gets me this nervous.

What's happening to me. I began to eat the cake. I was almost done but I kept on stopping whenever I remember Lyra's worried face and her saying my name.

I raise my hand and gave up. I didn't know why I did this but I hoped that it would make Lyra smile. Maybe if the skinny dude win she'll stop worrying.

They announce that if the skinny dude will be able to finish he'll win. I waited at the side since they told me I had a consolation prize.

I watched as Lyra cheered for the skinny dude. She looked happy. That made my smile but I hid it right away.

Why do I care for this girl??

They announced the skinny dude the winner. And the skinny dude cheered then hugged Lyra. The sudden pain in my chest came back.

They gave me my consolation prize. And they told me I didn't have to pay anymore. I just nodded and left. But before I could go. The skinny dude chose a staff member to order around. He picked Lyra.

Then he ordered her to give him a congratulation kiss. I felt angry. I didn't know why. It just pissed me off.

I looked at Lyra to see if she was going to do it. She was blushing hard. I was shocked to see her reaction. She looked so cute and embarrassed, but still cute. My heart began to beat fast again.

"Ff-fine.." Lyra said. My eyes grew big. What?? She was going to do it??

"How cute they totally look good together." A girl behind me said. " they're going out anyway right? " another girl said. " yeah so sad Ian is pretty cute" the girl replied.

It felt like something stab me by the chest.

They were together? Tsk! I guess that's why they always hang out and hug... I shook my head and started to leave. I didn't want to see her kissing that skinny dude.

"OMG!" I turned around when I heard everyone screaming.

My eyes grew big when I saw Lyra kissing the skinny dude not on the cheeks but on the lips.

My whole body froze. But before I knew it I was running away. Not looking back.

What was wrong with me? I don't care about that girl.

But why does my heart ache whenever I see them together??

What's wrong with me?