Chapter 28- She's The Tear In My Heart

*A Week Later*

[Julia's POV]

I heard the crowd chanting our name. I couldn't believe our college loved us, loved our band. Maddy, Anna, and I were all back behind the curtains of the stage.

"You guys ready?"Maddy asked.

I looked over at Anna. She was still devastated about her breakup with Patrick.

"Yeah, just please don't play a sad lovey dovey song!"Anna said.

I nodded and so did Maddy.

"Well, let's go!"Maddy said.

I had my guitar in my hands, Anna had her drumsticks, and Maddy had her microphone. We all slowly walked on stage. People screamed and cheered as we walked on. We all got in our places and we started to play West Coast Smoker.

As Maddy sang, I looked out at the crowd. I saw Patrick, tears were in his eyes, watching us play. He looked at me and I looked at him while I played. I tried to give him a smile, but he turned away. He was still upset from the break up. I felt bad for him. He loved Anna so much. I couldn't see him like this. I wanted them back together, happy and kissing. I looked away and watched my fingers play each note.

"Wishes bounce me weightless

The infrared scope on pointlessness!" Maddy sang.

I heard a loud scream from the front row. I looked up and saw Pete. He was cheering. Pete looked at me and I looked at him. I gave him a wink and he blew me a kiss. Oh, I loved that boy. I watched him smile as we played. He made me smile as I saw him. I was deeply in love with him. Nothing can let my love for him go.

I moved around the stage, jamming while playing. The lyrics Anna wrote (actually Pete's lyrics, but in this story she wrote it) were in my head. I sang along as I played. The chorus soon came and I jumped around dancing while playing.

"Oh h*ll yes

I'm a nervous wreck

Oh h*ll yes

The drugs just make me reset

Knock once for the father

Twice for the son

Three times for the holy ghost!"

The song was soon over and everyone cheered. We rehearsed this show for them and realized the song me and Anna wrote for Patrick and Pete was next. Maddy looked at me. She walked over to me and talked to me.

"Pretty Love is next. Do we want to play it?"she asked me.

I shrugged. "I don't know!"

I looked at Anna. She looked at me. I saw her say "what"

I looked around. The crowd soon looked around, questioning what we were doing.
I walked over to Anna.

"Pretty Love is next. Do you want to play it?"I asked her.

Anna looked at me. "I-I don't know."

"If you don't want us to play it, we won't!"Maddy said.

I knew she was nervous about this. This song was about us loving Patrick and Pete. But, since they haven't been together, we would stop in the middle of practicing Pretty Love. Anna would cry and break down and scream. I guess she was afraid she'll break down in front of everyone.

"Just play it if you want to guys. Just don't worry about me..."Anna said.

"No, Anna. I'm not going to let you break down..."she cut me off.

"Just play the dang song! Don't worry if I cry! Just think about you loving Pete. Think about the words you're trying to sing, Maddy. Whatever you do, don't worry about me, okay?"Anna screamed at us.

Maddy looked at me.

"If that's what you want..."Maddy said.

"Just play it,"Anna said and looked away.

I looked Maddy. She looked at me. I gave her a nod and we walked back to our spots. She gave me look, knowing to start playing. That's when I played the first note. Anna began to play and we rocked out to the song. Maddy soon sang the first couple words and I looked out into the crowd. Pete was looking at me and smile. But, Patrick, who was right next to him, looked at the ground and had his fedora in his hands. I saw him wipe his tears and look up. He looked at me and I looked at him. I mouthed the words "are you okay" and he shook his head.

Something told me to look back at Anna and see if she was alright. I looked back as I played. Anna had tears in her eyes and she looked up at me. We stared at each other as we played. I felt bad. I wanted to go up to her and comfort her, telling her everything was going to be okay.

[Time Skip]

[Patrick's POV]

The show was over. People scattered, leaving the commons while some stayed. I looked around, wondering where my girl was, Anna. I still thought she was my girl because I loved her. She meant so much to me even though she ended our relationship. I wanted to see her and congratulate her on the show. As I passed people, looking around for Anna, I saw Julia. She saw me and smiled.

"Hey!"she said.

She came up to me and gave me a big hug.

"Are you okay?"she asked.

She let go and stared at me. I shook my head and shrugged.

"Not really. Where's Anna?"I asked, looking around.

"She's backstage. She's putting her drums away. Why?"Julia told me.

I shrugged. "Nothing. Don't worry about it."

"Well, okay. If you need me or Pete, just know we'll be in the living room together."she said.

"Okay! See you two later..."I said.

She walked away while waving bye to me. As she walked away, I soon saw Anna. I tried to smile while I remembered that we weren't together anymore. She saw me and tried to smile. But, soon, something stopped me. It made me break even more. It made not want to say anything to Anna. Someone, who was her friend, walked up to her and gave her a hug. I looked closely and saw who it was. Tyler, the one who made fun of me. I saw Anna and smile and kiss his cheek. He kissed her forehead and held her hands. I broke watching them. Did she really move on? Did she not love me anymore? I had no one, only Pete and Julia now. How could she do this? She's-she's the tear in my heart. That's what she was now. Tears ran down my face and I ran out the commons. That's when hatred came over me. I hated Tyler. He can't steel my girl. I still loved her! Nothing was going to get in the way of me loving Anna.
_________________________________
Aw, Patrick!😭 Next chapter, I'll be writing soon! Hope you guys liked it!👍🏼💕✨