Chapter 17- Band Rehearsal Gone Wrong

[Time Skip]

[Anna's POV]

School was over for the day. Our band had rehearsal today and I wasn't looking forward to it. Julia and I kind of had a fight earlier and I was still mad at her. I wasn't ungrateful. I just never liked the fair. But, I never said I didn't want to go with Patrick.

I walked into the commons and saw Maddy and Julia on stage. Maddy was doing vocal exercises while Julia was practicing new notes for our new song I wrote, West Coast Smoker. I walked on stage and Julia looked at me. She rolled her eyes and I tried to ignore her but I couldn't.

"What. What do you want?"I asked her angrily.

She shook her head. "Nothing! Geez, why are you so mad?"she asked.

"You know what? Just ignore me, okay! Let's just start rehearsal!"I yelled.

I walked over to my drums and sat down, picking up my drum sticks.

"Alright...West Coast Smoker, practice one..."I heard Maddy said.

Julia and I began to play and we heard Maddy begin to sing. She was on the beat, but I kept thinking about how Julia made me mad. I soon slipped and dropped my drumsticks.

"Dang it!"I said.

"Here she goes again!"I heard Julia say.

I picked them up and looked at her. "You know what? Just shut up, okay! Worry about yourself, not me!"I screamed.

"I was..."I cut her off.

"No, just shut up. Let's redo this again!"I said.

Julia tuned around and faced the empty chairs, which were the seats in the commons. Julia began to play and so did I. The beat was right and the words to the song were perfect. I didn't want to mess up. Then, we did. Julia dropped her guitar pick on the ground, making her stop.

"There she goes..."I said to myself.

Julia turned around facing me. Her eyes were big and her face was bright red. She walked towards me and threw her pick at me.

"Stop! Okay! I'm tired of you being so mad! What the heck is bothering you today?"she asked me.

"Oh, you don't know? You don't know what the heck is bothering me? You haven't seen me, mad as can be, walking down the hallway ignoring everyone who comes up to me? You haven't seen me do all that?"I asked her.

"No..."she said

"Yeah! I know! You're too busy hugging, Kissing, being all lovey dovey to Pete while you ignore me, not caring how I feel when I've known you longer and I'm your best friend!"

"We just got together! I'm trying my best not to break his heart! I finally love Someone and you're acting this way? I don't think that's a true friend there!"She yelled at me.

I got up and walked towards her. "I'm not a true friend? I'm the one who thought you two would be good together! I'm the one who helped you get this relationship..."

"How? How did you help me?"she asked.

"Pete! Pete asked me to help him get you! I'm the one who thought about an idea to win your heart! He's the one who loves you and cares about you, but I also care about you! You're my friend, but I guess I'm not a friend since you think I'm not a true friend to you."

"Why are you so mad? Why are you mad at me! I did nothing to you and you are throwing all this weight on me and I feel, I feel broken! I didn't do a thing!"she yelled.

"Yes you did! You called me ungrateful! I'm truly grateful for everything, but to you, apparently I'm not!"I screamed.

"You were acting ungrateful! Patrick is trying to take you somewhere but you're whining about it, saying you hate the fair!"Julia was mad.

She held her guitar in her hands. She began to strum really loud and my ears began to hurt. I ran over to my drum and stating beating on it till she couldn't hear either. I stopped playing and she kept going. The sound bothered me and I put my hands to my ears.

"STOP!"I yelled.

Julia then stopped. "Why, huh? Are you going to whine about it?"

"Stop! Stop it, okay! I'm tired of you fighting with me! I'm mad at you! I'm mad because I finally found love! And all you did was think I was ungrateful for Patrick taking me somewhere! I'm happy I have Patrick and it took me so long to find love and when you called me ungrateful, I just couldn't take it. I just wanted someone not to bug my love life! I've had a hard time finding that four letter word and don't want anyone having their nose in it!"I told Julia.

I began to cry. I was mad at her but I felt bad that I made her feel bad. She looked at me.

"Anna, I didn't know. I'm sorry!"she said.

"Are you? Are you sorry? Right now, I'm not so sure!"I yelled.

"I am! Why are we fighting?"

I shook me head and crossed my arms.

"I don't know! If we are fighting we shouldn't have had this stupid rehearsal. I don't even know why we are even in his stupid band in the first place!"

I saw hurt in Julia's eyes as I yelled "stupid band." I didn't mean it.

"Julia, I'm sorry! I didn't mean it."

She shook her head. She took off her guitar and sat it down on the floor.

"No, I think you did mean it..."she said.

She walked away and I tried to catch up with her.

"No, just leave me be, Anna. This rehearsal is over for the day."Julia said.

I sighed and threw my drumsticks down. My words,"If we are fighting we shouldn't have had this stupid rehearsal. I don't even know why we are even in his stupid band in the first place!" echoed in my head.

I didn't mean it. The band wasn't stupid. I was just frustrated with Julia. Fighting with her could of ruined the band. I shouldn't have fought with her. I just wanted her to forgive me so I can tell her one thing. I'm sorry.
_________________________________
😁Kind of don't like this chapter cause I don't like when people fight! Ugh, sorry if I made you guys emotional! But, third update today! I'm so happy! I'll update tomorrow! Thanks, love you guys!💕