Chapter 7- New Lovers' First Kiss

[Julia's POV]

Pete and I were playing against Ashley and her friend, Brendon, in corn hole. Pete and I were winning. Ashley and Brendon had their turn and when they threw the last bean bag, it didn't make it in.

"I got it!"I said.

I was going to go grab it, but someone else tried to also, Pete. He touched my hand as he reached for the bean bag. When his hand touched mine, a spark went off in my heart. I wanted him to like me and to be mine. I looked up at him and smiled as I looked into his brown eyes that were surrounded by eyeliner. He was beautiful. I just wished people could see...

"I uh, I'll let you take it..."Pete said.

I smiled at him. He leaned close to me. I leaned close too. But, it was too soon. It wasn't time to kiss him. I liked him, but I didn't want us to start being together now. I moved away.

"Um, sorry...I uh, I'm gonna go grab something to drink!"I said.

Ugh, Julia why did you say that? You should of kissed those lips of his! You have been waiting to kiss him all day! Ugh, come on.

He looked down, sad. I guess he wanted to kiss me. I wanted to kiss him, just, just not yet. I felt bad if I made him upset.

"You want a drink?"I asked him.

He smiled but went back to a upsetting face.

"Sure..."he said. "Coke, please."

I nodded my head and walked away from him. Ugh, stupid! I should of kissed him. Geez!

I soon made it by the concession stand.

"Um, two cokes please!"I said to the person who was behind the counter.

They gave me two cokes and I turned around to walk off. As I did Tyler came up to me. He had his hand to his cheek.

"What the heck is wrong with you?"I asked.

"Uh, Anna smacked when we played spin the bottle. She didn't want to kiss me so she smacked me!"he told me.

I laughed. "I'm sorry she did that! You know Anna!"I told him.

He nodded. "But she kissed that ugly f**."

I looked at him confused. Who was he talking about?

"Who?"I asked.

"That ugly fat f** who wears that ugly hat!"he said.

"Patrick?"I said.

"Yeah, whatever his name is!"He replied. "But why him? Look at him? Look at that ugly guy."

I shook my head, sadly. I didn't like the way he was talking about Patrick. He was sweet! Sweet like a cinnamon roll, why use the ugly words? Why call him fat? He wasn't fat to me. He wasn't ugly to me. But, he wasn't what I wanted. I wanted Pete.

"I don't like the way you're calling him those names."I told him sadly.

"Why? It's true!"Tyler said.

I shook my head at him. "Tyler, we're friends and all but I don't like the way you're making fun of Patrick! He's not ugly. He's not a f**! And he's defiantly not fat! I don't why you are calling my friend these names. They are wrong. He's a sweet guy and wouldn't hurt a fly. Why pick on him? Why hurt him?"

"I don't know..."he said. Then he looked at me. "He's your friend? But he's friends with that ugly emo!"

I smacked him. "Look, I don't know why you are making fun of my friends this way but it's not right! It's just plain mean. I don't care if Pete is emo! He's a nice guy! I hate the awful curse word you guys use to describe them. I hate the way you harass them. It's not right! What if someone did that to you?"

He looked at me, sad. I got in his mind. He knew he was wrong now. And he was. I hated the way people made fun of them today. It made me upset. I felt like I wanted to curl into a ball next to Pete and tell him how much I respect being his friend and liked him for who he was.

"I'm sorry, Julia. I never knew."Tyler told me.

I just shook my head. "And you will never know!"

I walked away from him, mad, full of anger. Ugh, I wanted people to stop treating Pete and Patrick like dirt. As I turned around to walk away, I saw Pete.

He has tears in his eyes.

"I heard what you said. Thank you, Julia..."he said and smiled.

Still holding the drinks, I hugged Pete. Oh my, I loved having my arms around him, feeling his warmth, sharing a warm hug. It felt good, I wanted him to be mine. I felt butterflies in my stomach, telling myself he was the one, well, I think. I wanted him to be the one. He was sweet, cute, adorable, and nice.

"You're welcome, Petey.."I said, not knowing why I added a Y at the end.

"Petey?"he asked. I nodded my head as we hugged.

"We would have to talk about that!"He said.

I let go of him and looked at him with a smile.

"You have to catch me first!"I said then ran off.

I looked behind me as I ran. Pete was running after me. I sped up faster and ran out to the hallway. I laughed as he chased me. I felt arms soon catch me and I fell into his arms. He laughed and I laughed. I soon dropped the drinks and they rolled out my hands. Pete fell to the ground as I was in his arms. I was on top of him having my back to him. We both laughed.

"Okay...explain why...you...said Petey,"Pete said taking deep breathes.

I stopped laughing and realized what I had to do. I had to kiss him. I had to get his lips on mine. I turned my head to face him. He looked at me and I stared into his brown eyes and smiled. I leaned towards him and knew I had to do this. I couldn't back away. He looked down at my lips and i looked at his. It was time for me to kiss him. No waiting, I had to. His lips were millimeters away from mine and I could feel my heart beating fast. I was nervous to kiss him, but I had to. He soon grabbed my face with his hands and pressed his lips against mine. Oh my, his lips felt like heaven. I was in love. I didn't want to let go. His lips were smooth, soft and tasted like cherries.  They were to die for. That's why I said Petey, I liked him. And I wanted to kiss him. His lips were everything I thought they would be. He kept kissing me and I knew what I had to do. I had to kiss him back and I did. I felt sparks between our lips. If he kissed me first, did it mean he liked me?
_________________________________
💏They finally kissed! Next chapter in writing now!😏💕