Your Love's Like || 56

Sabrina:
I woke up, seeing a piece of paper taped on my door. I got closer to it, and read what it had to say.

Sabrina,

I'm going to the hospital in Mexico, mom has texted me saying to go there. I don't know why but it may be an emergency. I don't know when I'll be back, I love you.

-Bradley

Tears streamed down my face, I don't know if its because of the fact that he left me without telling me earlier, or because I feel pity for whoever is in that hospital, suffering from something trying to kill them.

Bradley:
I reached the hospital, finally. I've been driving for what, 3, 5, 7 hours? I have been dropping by Starbucks to get hyped so I won't fall asleep and cause any car accidents.

I parked the car and texted my mom as I entered the front doors.

What room? I texted.

Room 375. She texted back, almost instantly.

I got in the elevator and pressed the 3.

The lift was slow, I had to wait for 3 minutes to get to the floor from the parking garage.

The doors opened and I began to look for the room.

"359... 363... 367... 370... 373... Aha! 375!" I exclaimed.

I bursted through the doors, mom was on the bed. Who was texting me then? Then I saw a girl on the couch by the window, Caitlin, my sister. She looks like she hasn't been eating in days, I took a seat beside her.

"Hey. How long have you been here?" I asked, making a conversation.

"Nearly a month." She replied blankly, staring out the window.

Suddenly, a tear stained Lee walks out the bathroom.

"Bradley." She said and gave me a hug.

"What's wrong, what's going on? What happened to mom?" I asked.

Then, Jesse bursted through the doors, "I got here as quick as I can!" She breathes heavily.

She looked at the bed, "What happened to mom?" She asked, a single tear shed.

"She's in a coma." Caitlin says still staring out the window.

"Mom has been in a coma for nearly a month? And you only contacted us now?!!" Jesse snapped.

I went out the room to get a bit of fresh air. I texted Brina as I sat down on the chairs by the door.

Hey, B! I just arrived at the hospital. Already missing you. I texted and kept my phone. As soon as I put it in my pocket, it started to vibrate. Sabrina was calling.

"Hey, B." I said and smiled.

"Hi, Brads." She says and cracks.

"Have you been crying?" I got curious.

"Actually, yes." She says. Why?

"Just allergies." She continues. I know she's lying.

Sabrina:
"Have you been crying?" Bradley asks, I want to lie, but I can't.

"Actually, yes." I reply. "Just allergies." I continued, nice save Bri.

"Okay." He says, I think he knows I lied. "I have to go, call you later?" He asks.

"Yeah, of course. Talk to you later." I say and hang up.

---time lapse---

Bradley:
It's almost been 2 months since I've been in the hospital. Mom still wouldn't wake up from her coma. I'm sad, I don't get to see my fiancée, and my mom is on the edge of dying. Why does all this things have to happen? My thoughts were interuppted by a loud beep. My mom's heartbeat dropped. She's gone. Tears started to shed away, Caitlin and Lee looked at me with apologetic smiles.

"Bradley, mom was in a coma for 7 months. It's time for her to let go." Caitlin said.

"She was on a coma for 7 months!!" I snapped. "You said you have been her for nearly a month, when I first got here!"

"We were, they moved her here after the 5 months she was down."

Tears just streamed, I swear, I could make an ocean.

I got out the room, feeling the need to be alone. I called Sabrina.

"Hey, Brads! What's up?" She says.

"Hey, B." I said as a tear slid down my cheek.

"Babe, have you been crying?" She asks.

I nodded. She can't see me, "Yes. Mom just died." I covered my face with one hand.

"Bradley, I'm sorry.." She says in an apologetically manner.

"It's not your fault." I sniffle.

"We can have our wedding after the funeral. Even if we have to wait for a month." She says.

"Okay, thank you, B. I love you." I say and gave a small smile.

"I love you too. See you soon." She says.

"See you soon." And there, we ended the conversation.