27

Unedited

We stopped half an hour away from our destination. Shannon woke up from her sleep to see we were outside a gas station. "Why have we stopped?" She asked yawning. "Me and xav need a break from driving." I said getting out the car. Shannon followed as we went into the gas station. Shannon went to the toilets whilst I got some coffee. I don't usually drink it but I need the caffeine and I hate energy drinks more than coffee. I saw Caitlin on the phone and it looked like she was ready to cry, yet her hands fisted which only means one thing. "Thatfuckingevilskankywhorebagcuntingbitchofanoldersistersback!" Caitlin said rather quickly. But I knew exactly what she meant. Xav just laughed. Also knowing what she meant. "Mandy's back." We said together. To clear it up for everyone. Mandy, older version of Caitlin. Her older half-sister. She's five years older. She didn't and still doesn't like that Caitlin was born. Because she was spoilt by her mom and Caitlin's dad. They don't have the same dad. Mandy's dad had died in a train crash back in '94. Anyways for as long as I can remember Mandy does everything in her power to be above Caitlin.
Caitlin won the 9th grade spelling bee. Mandy became Valedictorian for her senior class. The worse I think she's ever done -even though I find a bit of the story funny- was when Caitlin was 6 and looked up to her 11 year old sister. Mandy had broken her arm and Caitlin hadn't understood that so she kept trying to tug the cast off and Mandy was getting agitated-that's the part I find hilarious-. So she hit Caitlin with it in the nose which knocked her out and told their parents that Caitlin had purposely whacked her face on the cast. They believed her too and sent Caitlin to her late grandmas house in England until it was healed. Ever since Caitlin's remembered and hated her for it.
Just then Shannon came back. She looks as if she had seen a ghost. "What's wrong Shannon?" She was visibly clammy and as pale as a piece of white plain paper. "I-I-I.." She stuttered. "Shann.." I was cut off by a man coming out of the toilets shouting. He searched the gas station with his eyes. "Danya?" He yelled in a thick Italian accent. I just grabbed Shannon and led her too the car. As I got in and shut my door the same man ran out the gas station. "Shannon?" I asked again, ignoring the man. Shannon looked at me, tears falling out her eyes. "Tha-that's my dad.." Her dad? I then remembered the night I spent with her on the climbing frame where I found out about her mom. Her dad had left because of her mom. "You never told me your half Italian." She shrugged adjusting her glasses. "Never asked.." She mumbled. I've realised in awkward situations she adjusts her glasses. I got out the car again before I changed my mind. Shannon called out to me. She followed me probably clicking onto what I was gonna do. If not then whoops...
I tapped Shannon's dads shoulder. He turned round. "Who are you?" He asked me with his thick Italian accent. Then he looked next to me; at Shannon. "Danya?" He asked softly. I cut in knowing she wouldn't speak. "No her names Shannon and she's explained to me that your her dad?" He nodded. Just then a little girl no younger than 3/4 poked her head out the window yawning. "Papa?" Shannon gasped and started backing away. I slapped the dude in his face and followed Shannon. "C-can we please leave?" I nodded and started the engine. Just as I got a text from xav.

Xav-
Hey, Caitlin's driving and I've just seen your not behind us. Why?
Txt back fast before I hunt you down again...x

I laughed and got Shannon to type the situation. So then she can include what she wants and exclude what she wants.

After the last hour of driving we eventually made it home. And by home I mean I was round Caitlin's. I looked down at my phone when I realised something..."Shit!" I said laughing. Everyone just looked at me. "I still have Stevs phone!" Everyone excluding Caitlin and xav gave me confused looks. Them two found it amusing.
Me and Shannon let out a yawn at the same time which led Caitlin's mom to shoo is all off to bed. Me, Caitlin and Shannon in Caitlin's room. Mandy in her old room and xavier in the guest room. After I heard Caitlin's parents room door click shut I snuck to xaviers room. As I went past Mandy's room she too was sneaking out. She obviously didn't expect me to be there so she jumped when she saw me. "What are you doing?" I whispered to her. I physically saw her get defenceless. "I should be asking you the same!" I shrugged not hiding anything. "I'm going to my boyfriend xavier. What's your excuse?" She dropped her mouth open slightly and went back into her room with an 'urg'. I shook my head as I opened the door to see xavier still awake. "Hey beautiful." He got up and hugged me round the waist. I returned the hug and we went to bed.

I went into a wishful dreamless sleep. Key word being wish..

Dream---

"Well looky here.." I looked up and saw daddy... "Someone decided to come home did they? Thought I would let you stay after all the shitty stunts you've pulled? Well you little bitch! Listen here, and listen good. I'm. Not. Repeating. Myself." He took a deep breath as he glared at me. "Your a worthless piece of shit! You've done nothing right. I don't care whether your mine or some other wanker on the streets. You got rid of the one thing I cared most about! I had the chance of having her back and once a fucking gain YOU pushed her away. You don't deserve to live anymore. I wish you died in that fucking hospital. Xavier will leave you. He will find someone better. As soon as college comes around Caitlin's gone. She will finally be rid of you. So why don't you do us the favour and leave. Take your life. Move to another country. NO ONE. No one will care." It rung in my head.

No one..
No one..
No one..

End if dream--

I was woken up by shaking. My eyes shot open but then jammed closed when the blinding sun made contact. "Sorry Hun, let me close the blinds." I just groaned. Caitlin's mom just laughed. "Come on girl I should be mad that you snuck in here." She said winking. Yes my eyes are now open. "School tomorrow." She said clapping twice. Then I heard a bang. I looked at the end of the bed. "W-what's all that?" I asked looking at the maintain of books and paper. "Your work, assignments, notes from students, letters from teachers and home work. Chop chop, Caitlin's woken up to the same but from her dad.." We both cringed. He was strict when it came to school. I huffed and started. Caitlin's mom promised to bring up pancakes and chocolate waffles.