~Forty-One~

I never imagined this moment to occur.

The man was a monster: hidden from all reason, lost in the light of day... I never expected to see his scarred face ever again. And now that I was, ghost pains sparked up on my body. My chest felt tight, like I couldn't breathe. As he looked at me however, his confident expression melted into shock then fury. "Colton!" I had bolted toward the back door desperately, Axel catching with me ease, yanking me to a stop.

"No! He raped me!" I finally screeched.

The change in Axel was instant. One moment his face was blank, unreadable, and I feared he was angry with me. Then in the next second he had spun around, pushing me back, toward the back door with far too much force, causing me to slam into the glass with a bruising force. Thankfully the glass did not shatter from the impact and I twisted my head up time to see my mate mid-shifted into a huge black werewolf who towered over my assaulter. His claws began to slash wildly. The two men who had been standing frozen jumped into actions, seizing the man and forcing him to the ground. "Alpha! Alpha you can't kill him! He must be put on trial."

Axel let out a furocious snarl--an objection to their words, it seemed. "He's too high ranking, Alpha. You have to make him go on trial first," insisted Austin, one eye on the furious alpha, the other on his mate who looked quite scared.

Being this close to the man who ruined my life was terrifying. There was so much I wanted to say. Part of me wanted Axel to kill him. But another part thought that it was wrong. He should be punished but was death too severe? I realized that I was shaking. I wrapped my arms protectively around my body as I was forced to relive memories I'd tried so hard to forget... I felt hands on me. I stiffened, then, as Axel's scent washed over me, melted into his bare chest, a feeling of protection radiating from his warm skin. I buried my face into him, inhaling his scent deeply. It made me calm. 

"Lock. Him. Up." It was all one breathy growl that was hardly understandable but in the corner of my eye I saw the two men nodding their heads. "Take care of his bitch too."

I wanted to just shut down. I wanted this horrible nightmare to end. To just be over. But I knew it was far from over. In fact, by the sound of it, it was just beginning.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back in the safe little room, Axel laid me gently on the bed before turning around and heading toward the door.

Maybe it was my wolf, maybe it was the fear but I whimpered, "Axel. Please, stay. I-I need you."

Axel immediately came to my side, looking anxiously at me. "But darling, that bastard--"

I whined at the mention of him, shrinking into my wolf form against my will. Axel inhaled sharply. "You're...so pure and beautiful." he whispered, sinking down beside me.

My ears fell flat in worry but he ran a gentle hand over my head. "You're so soft, darling. I can't believe I haven't seen your wolf yet..."

He admired me for a moment before standing up. I boldly grabbed his shirt in my teeth, giving him a small tug. He looked down at me in shock. "I'm shifting with you," Axel assured me. "Don't worry. I'd never leave you in your time of need. It's not what mates do." 

His form melted down into something just slightly smaller than his human form. The huge black wolf jumped nimbly on the bed, lying beside me. He laid his head on top of mine, one massive paw lying on top of my two little while ones. I felt safe with him over me in such a protective way. I felt like that monster couldn't touch me or hurt me ever again. For once I was trully happy to be with Axel.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Many people came the door within the next three days.

Axel would let out a terrifying snarl at whoever dared interrupt us. We did not eat or move. We slept and laid there. It felt like our souls were entwined. It was such an intense sensation. I had never felt so...involved with another wolf before. It was like we were one. My judgement felt clouded I was so devoted to this man. Yet, we hadn't spoken in days. It was a unique experience but one that I was glad to experience. For once I could honestly say that I knew that Axel was one hundred percent, equivalently, my mate. 

He'd protect me for the new threat. He didn't have to say it to me, to promise me. I could feel it in the way he kept his body positioned above mine. I knew by the way that when I nightmares and would wake up whimpering he'd gently licking my ears in a calming way I'd never experienced before.

Maybe it was the stress clouding my judgement or maybe just the intensity of the situation but if this was for real then I may just love Axel. And that scared the hell out of me while also pleasing me beyond recognition. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: So this is short. I'm sorry for that. I've just been very preoccupied with work and also something that took me a long time to really decide to tell you (my lovely readers). I don't really know how to say (or in this case, write) this, but I want to be as real and personal with you guys as possible. In fact, I'm more honest with you than anyone else in my life. Probably because I've never met you, lol.

Sorry, I'm getting off track. You all probably don't care (in fact I doubt many of you actually read my obnoxious author's notes) but I've been trying to figure out who I was my entire life. I'm a freshman in college this fall and only this year have I finally come to terms with something that I've denied my entire life. 

I'm asexual.

Now, typing the word doesn't feel as relieving as actually saying to another human face to face will, but really it helps. I could honestly cry, I'm so happy I could tell you guys. I thought I'd chicken out by now (I've erased this and began again, like twelve times now).

I'm sure you're all wondering why the hell I'm writing a boyxboy story if I'm asexual and I'd like to explain it--if you don't mind reading it.

I'm interested in the emotional relationship, not the sex. However, I'm aware that a vast number of readers would like a little something to tickle their fancies and in all honesty, I find sexual relationships intriguing. You know, like the way people find space interesting.

So I really hope this doesn't change our author-reader relationship too much and that...you can accept this new information about me.

Wow. I can't believe I just came out as asexual on Wattpad.

Huh. Anyway, if you wanna comment, that's super cool. If you're also asexual that's freaking awesome and we should chat (I'm new to the world, guys. Teach me!). If you have questions I may/may not be able to answer them. I hardly understand this all myself. But each day I gain a new understanding of my sexuality and myself which is awesome. I feel free.

So thank you, whomever read this ridiculous ramble. You are trully wonderful.

Peace Out, Girl Scouts

~Offically-Asexual-Kate~