Thirty-Three

A/N: So another little update here. It was just to try and get all the angst out of the way so I can move forward with plot. I know it's been a bit depressing lately but IT GETS BETTER! Good will triumph! But, not with out sacrifices. 😉 So hang in there and thank you so much all my lovely readers. You've made me achieve way more on this story than I ever deemed possible. I love each and everyone of you, especially those who consistently comment. I love hearing your thoughts.

Peace Out, Girl Scouts

~Kate~

I pried my eyes open.

I felt unbelievably hot. The blankets felt heavy, smothering. My t-shirt felt plastered to my back with sweat. Not only that but I felt this deep ache inside me. My cock was hard, throbbing between my thighs, and I was breathing heavily. My bite was throbbing and tingling. I started to pant, arching my back. I felt overwhelmed with lust. "Axel."

The bed was empty meaning he'd left. But all my wolf wanted was him. We needed our mate to touch us, to ravish us, to relieve us from...this. I laid there, whining softly, waiting for my mete to rescue me. It became apparent he wasn't coming however, and they just put me in a state of dispaire. I pushed my way out of the bed, nearly falling on my face because my legs were trembling so much. I managed to get into the bathroom and collapsed by the tub, trying to run myself a nice cold bath.

Where the hell was Axel when I needed him?

~~^^~~^^~~^^~~^^~~^^~~^^~~^^~~

Drew hesitated.

The meat was rare! Surely he shouldn't eat it. It must be bad for the baby? What's wrong, Drew?"

The hulking man seemed to have taken an interest in Drew he didn't quite understand. But Drew preferred it over being alone in woods completely foreign to him. "It's just, uh, nothing."

"Please. He's picky," sneered the russet haired man through a mouthful of meat. Blood dripped down his chin. "We've got ourselves a spoiled little, knocked up omega. Good job Haven."

Drew's jaw dropped at the harsh words directed at him and this Haven instantly went to his defense. "Just shut up and eat, Sam. I don't need your shit."

The man just snorted. But he was smaller than this Haven, so he didn't try and challenge him. Drew however felt very much unwelcome. Another feeling he'd never had before. With the pack he always had his place and his family there to love him. He was alone out here. But he wasn't an omega. "Don't listen to him dear." Tara, a brown haired female said, sliding closer to him. "I had trouble adjusting to raw meat too. You've just got to force yourself to eat it. You don't want to starve the little thing in you. Plus, you need your strength. We've got a lot of land to cover."

Drew nodded, not looking forward to the future at all. He was getting further from home. And the knowledge he couldn't ever go back was distressing. "I know. Thanks. Why...why does he hate me?"

Drew nodded his head in direction of the grumpy Sam who cracked open the bone, now nearly clean from meat, and began to lick out the marrow. Drew felt puking. "Sam? Uh, I don't know. He's usually pretty friendly. However, he's not a fan of pack-wolves. That might be it. He doesn't trust you. And Haven...well...Haven trusts a little too easily. That's how he lost him mate you know. Letting a sketchy rogue into their camp."

"Oh." Drew looked at the man with a sense sadness. Poor guy. "That's too bad. How...how long ago?"

"Five years." Drew jumped as Haven leaned against a tree beside them, a blank look on his face. "Six this winter."

Then he was gone, striding through the woods. Drew snapped his head to look at Tara who seems unbothered. "He's not upset with you," Tara told him. "He's just getting some wood for the fire."

Drew nodded but he wasn't too sure. He looked at the heavy leg in his arm and thought about the flutter.

Okay, he could do this. Right?

~~^^~~^^~~^^~~^^~~^^~~^^~~

Hands lifted me from the tub.

They felt wonderful on my overheated body, making my gyrate my slick, wet body against the firm chest of my mate. Axel gave a low possessive growl. "I could smell you. All day long across camp. You made me so hard, so hot for you."

Touch me, he pled mentally, unable to actually form the woods. Ravish me.

He laid me on me on the blankets, the softness of it was unbelievable due to my heightened sense of feeling all over my body. "Mm," I whined as he ran a soft fluffy towel over my body,

As he ran it over my crotch my hips snapped forward, a gasp bursting from my mouth. Axel chuckled darkly. "My beautiful mate... You are so sexy in heat."

Heat? What was this heat? But I didn't care enough to ask. I just wanted him to fuck me into next week. Axel was clearly think gin along the same lines as he leaned down, pressing his lips against mine firmly then in a heated attack with a bruising force. I rubbed my body against him, feeling this heat heightened to intolerable levels. "Are you sure you want this?" He asked softly, tongue lapping the shell of my ear. "I don't want to hurt you. Not ever again."

I gasped happily, nodding exuberantly. Yes, yes. I wanted it. For the first time ever I really wanted this.

Maybe it was the heat talking or the amazing fact that my mate had asked my permission, but I felt ready to give it all up.

Just the concept gave me a feeling I hadn't felt in a while.

I was...happy.

~~^^~~^^~~^^~~^^~~^^~~^^~~

One Week Later

"I've been thinking."

"Oh?" I looked up at my mate.

I was currently sprawls across his chest, watching the human TV program with mild interest. It was so mindless. But Axel liked it. "Yeah." He picked up the remote, flicking it off. "I want to present you. Officially. To the pack."

"Oh." That made it all official, right? I would be the alpha's mate, the first male Luna this pack had ever had. What if they hated me? "Axel--"

"Your pup will be safe. I will never think of it again. Just keep it out of my pack. All I want is you."

I felt constricted and torn. I wanted to spend time with mate, I did. I wanted to be with him forever. But more than that I wanted my baby back with me. I wanted to hold him, to tell him one last time that Daddy loved him so, so much. "Don't cry, darling."

I realized then that I was crying softly at the concept of forever losing my baby. "I'm sorry," I muttered. I wasn't sure what I was sorry for and Axel didn't push it.

"I'll give you some time to think hm? But I'm not letting you go, Colton. It took me too long to find you."

He untangled himself softly, kissing my forehead gently. He closed Jhelum door behind him. The click of the lock didn't really bother me anymore. I hugged my knees, wondering where my pup was and if he was safe.

I could only hoe and pray he'd gotten out safe with my brothers and parents.

I had to do whatever I could to keep Homs age of course. And if that meant never seeing him again... I squeezed my eyes shut as pain took me by the throat.

Why do I have to be so damn weak?

I sobbed it myself for a good hour before I came to the painful the decision.

I had to. I had to promise to never see my baby again.

-unedited-