~Thirteen~

A/N: Chapter ~Thirteen~ is done! I hope you like it. If you do please comment, vote, or follow me. Also, please check out my new(ish) book 'The Pack House'. It's somewhat similar to this one and I hope you guys like it!

Peace Out, Girl Scouts

~Kate~

When I came around it felt like I was covered in a heavy blanket of fog.

Anxiety from yesterday's events was still present but I found it easier to cope with in my strange haze. The bed I was in, assuming it was a bed, was warm, soft, and comfortable. I felt like I could lay here and never leave. It wasn't long after this thought that hissing voices could be heard around me.

"I made it clear you weren't to come," a woman's voice snapped....Clarissa, I think.

"He is my child. I have the right to be here."

"I was very clear, Claire!"

"James I asked you stay," my mother moaned, her voice pleading. "Please don't upset her. She's helped us so much."

"I will leave with my son, when you tell me what's going on?"

"He's pregnant. Roughly two months. She's running more tests James. Please, please just leave and let her continue in peace. We will be home by the end of the week!"

"No. I will not leave. What right do you have to ask me to?"

They continued to banter back and forth, no one relenting, no one willing to admit defeat. I tried to pry my eyes open so I could request my father go home. I needed to know what was going on. I needed to make sure that my...baby...was okay. "And Liam?" My father asked bitterly. "What should I tell him?"

Oh-no! How could my mate have slipped my mind during a time like this? He should have been my top priority...after my unborn child. But it hadn't been. I was so worried about me and how I'd handle this. Huge change in my life, I didn't even think about my future mate. Poor Liam... "Nothing." My mother's voice was very calm now. "It's not our place to tell him. Colton will, once he's...ready."

"He's my son." My father's voice had lost its sharp edge and softer now, almost...calm. "Surely you understand why I can't just up and leave him?"

"You made my sister up and leave me. It's a pain you learn to live with. Luckily for you, it's not perminate."

I heard the sound of a door closing softly and my mother began to whisper heatedly with my father. Their conversation continued until I heard my father snap, "Fine. I'm leaving." and the sound of a door slamming heavily. My mother began to weep which tugged at my heartstrings. All this angst was due to me. Because I had to throw a childish fit and run off into the woods where I was raped and impregnanted by a monster. After a while I heard her also leave and the only sound in my ears was my own breathing. With my guilt reduced slightly I was able to try and wrap my head around my new situation. I had some dread, yes, but I had an weird sense of something close to anticipation about my future child. Granted they were healthy and okay.

Having children had always been considered out of each for me, due to the obvious fact that I was a male omega, but now that I could? I had loved watching babies for people, wishing I could have one of my own. The only concern of mine now was that Liam wouldn't be happy. It wasn't his child. Perhaps it could even be an omega! There were just so many variables I had to worry about now. Would the child constantly remind me of the trauma I had faced? What if he or she looked like him? Would I cope? Would I shut down? Would I be lousy parent?

Suddenly exhausted by all my thoughts, I fell asleep.

~~^^~~^^~~^^~~^^~~^^~~^^~~

"So it's healthy?"