~Fourteen~

A/N: Yay, surprise update! I've officially reach 1K+ reads and 100+ votes! You all rock! My next goal is 75 comments. Will you help me? Pretty please? Kate would really love it if you did! 😄 And a special thanks to @grimmprincess for commenting. It's makes me so happy! Thank you very much! Aannnyyywwaaayyy... I hope you all enjoy this new update.

Pic: Karla

Peace Out, Girl Scouts

~Kate~

"All I'm saying James is as a Medicine Wolf, I don't think it's a good idea."

I wasn't even dressed, knowing this was going to happen. Clarissa wouldn't let me go to the market. It was bad for the baby. And if that was case...I was too sure I wanted to go either. But I didn't want my father it be disappointed so I let Clarissa be the barer of bad news. "As his father, I said he's going." he bit back as usual.

"Well the baby--"

"I don't give a damn about that bastard thing inside him. All it's doing is causing him pain at this point."

My mouth fell open, hands falling to cradle my stomach as though the child within had been hurt by those words. It could have been. I felt a weird fluttery feeling in my tummy, like butterflies. Then a fire blazed through me; a sort of fiery I'd never known before. All I knew was that my father had spoken negatively against my child and I did not like it. I did not like it at all. My eyes narrowed as I stepped boldly in the room. A silence fell as my presence was noted as well as my anger.

"How. Dare. You." I grit out, teeth clenched together to help control of the sharp words on my tongue. Oh was I angry. "This is my child. It did not ask to be mine, it did not pick the situation. And for you to speak against an unborn pup in such a way--"

"Colton clam down." Thomas said looking nervously at my seething father.

My father, not used to being defied much less spoken down to like I was doing now, was firing up, chest swelling as his wolf tried to exert as much dominance into the room as it could to help quell the growing shift in the power balance. I didn't know where this anger was coming from much less my faux sense of power. Being protective was one thing; me trying to force my much more dominate father to submit to my will was totally different.

And completely insane.

Not that it made my internal fire burn any lighter; no, it seared on making my body tingle in a way that said I could take over the world if it meant protecting the innocent soul inside me.

"James, compose yourself." I heard Clarissa snap after he snarled at me for not lowering my head when he glared at me.

But I couldn't. I wouldn't. It wouldn't be just me submitting anymore and if I submitted who knew what would happen to my baby, what would become of this innocent creature deemed a 'bastard' before birth. "You will not speak to me in such tones. You are my child and an omega. You will know your place!"

His hand came up, morphed out into a large paw, long black claws unsheathed hazardously. I felt fear zip through my whole body and before I had time to comply his paw came down. I covered my stomach protectively, closing my eyes and cringing. But the blow never did come. His claws didn't tear my flesh. The rough pad of his paw never hit my cheek. My eyes slid open and saw Thomas holding my father's arm a look of harsh indignation in his eyes. My father's own eyes, flat black in his own fury, was wide in surprise. "You will not lay your hands on him."

I waited with batted breath for some type of fight to erupt between the two. Instead my father broke the tension by swinging around with a frightening snarl and storming out of the house. He slammed the door so hard I could hear the windows rattling throughout the entire house. As a heavy silence settled over us wave after wave of exhaustion hit me, making it difficult to even stand. As my knees buckled Thomas caught me, muttering, "Easy there," as he slowly lowered me to the floor.