~Six~

A/N: Okay so this is primarily to say a huge THANK YOU to everyone whose voted on my last chapters. You all rock! It's truly amazing as a writer to know someone actually likes your work. So thank you again. I'd love to see some comments if you want. That's really cool for me to. Not be greedy or anything. Voting is perfect too. ☺️

Pic: Colton's mother (Claire because I haven't given her name yet 😳 whoops)

Peace Out, Girl Scouts

~Kate~

Two weeks after 'it' and I was still trying hard to avoid leaving the cabin at all costs.

The pity-party was bad enough at home, much less seeing the wolves who kept delevering us jams and breads and meals to the family. Liam spent most of his time over. For the first time ever, my father actually allowed him to sleep in my bed. I felt like I was taking up all his time though which I hated, but knowing he was here felt too good to stop. I was lying in bed right now in fact, laying on my back and feeling sick. The nausea was coming and going just like it did the day the before. "Hon?" Liam stirred beside me his voice was deep with sleepiness. "You're up early. Are you okay?"

"I don't feel too great," I admitted in a whisper. I knew the whole house was still asleep. I didn't want to wake them. It was bad enough I had woken up Liam."Go back to sleep. You're tired."

"Mm, I'll be fine," yawned Liam, stretching the best he could on my little bed. "A bit stiff though."

I was squished against the wall while Liam was squeezed against me; the only way he could fit onto my bed. "Well, this bed wasn't made for two," I murmured with a ghost of a smile.

My stomach rolled making me sit up, worried about vomiting. The nasuea eased up a bit and I let out a shaky breath. What the heck was going on with me?

"Honey?" Liam was right at my side instantly, hand on my forehead trying to check for a fever. Did I have one? I'd didn't feel quite feverish. "I'll go get you some cold water from the well."

"No," I argued weakly. I hated him inconveniencing himself for me. I was just feeling a little under the weather this morning. I did yesterday too and it went away in the afternoon. "I'll be fine. I just need some air."

"Let's go a walk," pressed Liam like he had been doing for the last week. He was trying to get me to leave the cabin but I wasn't quite ready. To be honest, I was scared. "It'll make you feel better."

By air I had meant going going onto the screened-in back porch where I got get some fresh air without ever having to leave nor facing anyone. I didn't reply, drawing my knees to my chest and hugging them, trying to ride out the sick feeling. I hoped this bug would pass soon. "No one's up yet," Liam tried next. "We could be back in by breakfast and spend the day playing chess?"

Chess had become one of my new favorite pass-times. Jeffery and Thomas had carved it all out of wood for me and my mother taught Liam and I how to play. I think they were just happy I was out of bed. The claw marks were now fresh scars. They would forever be imprinted on my body; a constant reminder of the violation I experienced at the hands of a monster. But my father's words finally hit home for me.

I was officially afraid of what laid beyond our little camp. Here I was safe. Out there...terrible things would happen to omegas like me. Terrible things had happened. "Just for a few minutes?"

To be honest I really wanted my wolf to stretch out. He'd been cramped up for far to long inside my human shape and I knew he was just aching to be free. "Five at most," came Liam's excited response.

I nodded my head hesitantly, climbing out bed slowly. My legs ached a bit and my ankles felt swollen. I sat down on the Sid of my bed, rubbing my calf briskly and then pausing to massage my feet briefly. "You okay?"