~Nineteen~

A/N: 3K reads?!?! You all are fantastic! So here you go, a surprise update! Hope you all love it!

Peace Out, Girl Scouts

~Kate~

I stood in the kitchen quietly for a long time.

The sounds of Liam's noisy slumber the only sound. I didn't know what to do or think. He had Martin...he chose Martin because he didn't want me. That hurt. But he said he loved me which gave me hope. But should I hope? Was the stupid of me? I rubbery my hand over my face. This was a lot of stress. And the baby reminded my that it did not like it by kicking me. Absentmindedly rubbing it to calm the rowdy fetus, I bit my lip, refusing to believe that this could change anything. I had a plan. A life for me and the baby. Alone.

That wasn't crazy was it? Yes, I was an omega but I could defend myself some right? I looked at my stomach, frown deepening as memories clouded my mind. Okay, maybe not. But my brother would be there, right next door. He could help me. But did I really want to saddle him with all that responsibility? He'd want a life of his own. One were he wasn't stuck watching his baby brother all his life.

Did the mean I should confront Liam and face having my heart shattered again? Was not being a burden worth the emotional termoil? What about the pain and humiliation associated with practically begging a wolf who did not really want you to take you? But he did love me; he said so himself. What was the old saying? 'A drunk's words are a sober man's thoughts'. So did he truly love me but wasn't able to say it? Maybe I was judging him too harshly, assuming he would make a life-changing decision too quickly.

Or maybe I was being selfish and stupid.

Liam was a good mate and a good person. He deserved to have the life he dreamed of not what I offered him. He'd have to father a pup that wasn't his and have the constant knowledge that he wasn't my first, however unwilling I'd been. Virginity was a big deal to wolves. It was sacred seal. It was supposed to bond two mates together with a common commitment. It was how the Moon Goddess intended it at least. But perhaps she never meant for me to mate?

With a headache blaring full blast and a general sense of confusion, I finished sweeping quietly and then mopped. I warmed some of the water my father had left for drinking and chores and did up the dishes rom decoration the cake. The baby started to kick which made me sigh. I was so anxious and worried about everything I ended up scrubbing all the windows and the changing everyone's sheets for the third time this week. I was just pinning the final sheet the line on the porch when I heard my father's booming voice in the cabin. "What in the hell!"

I scurried back in to find my mother trying to respon with my furious father. Liam was still sleeping soundlessly, as of my tempered father was no trying to tear his throat out. "Colt! Are you okay? Did he hurt you?" my mother asked looking from the sleeping boy to me.

I shook my head. "He came over and said he wanted to talk. He was kinda drunk so--"

"Drunk? He came over here drunk? Where the hell's Thomas? What about Jeffery? I'll have both their hides for leaving you alone in here all day!"

My head throbbed. "Stop it!" I sighed. "Thomas is hunting and Jeffery is doing stuff for the wedding. I'm okay, alright?"

"Not its not alright Colton. You aren't someone who can protect himself if anything happens!" My father exclaimed. "I can't have you going into town. I can't. You'll stay here with me with your baby, and then with Thomas."

"No! That's not fair dad!"

"I won't have my son off somewhere that I can't protect him."

"James," my mother began.

"I don't need protection dad!" I snarled. "Not everyone in the world is out to get me, you know!"

"I don't care. You're not going Colton. Think what you'd like but you're an omega. And under werewolf law means you're considered a possession of your father. So unless I say so, you won't go anywhere."

He left the cabin, slamming the door as he left. My mother looked speechless and angry. "Mom?"

"I can't help you darling. He's right about the law."

I slammed the door to my room furiously, the baby kicking as it also contributed it's anger to mine, fueling me on more. How could such a thing happen so quickly? Yesterday my life was planned, I was excited. Now? Now I was stuck here in the stupid room behind the stupid woodstove.

~~^^~~^^~~^^~~^^~~^^~~

Axel's POV

Karla looked lost as she looked around the massive room which was more of an apartment without walls, save for the en-suite bathroom.

"Do you like it?"

"It's big." She wasn't trying to come off seeming interested. She wasn't happy.

I wouldn't say I was remorseful that this beauty was miserable but I wasn't happy about it either. "Would like me to show you around?"

"It's already been done." She sat in front of her vanity, staring blankly at the large array of expensive make-up all catering to her skin tone and eye color. "But thank you, I suppose."

"Are you sure that--"

"I'm sure."

I was getting a bit peeved. It was making an effort. I didn't usually do that, you know. "Perhaps we should just have sex."

That got a reaction of her. She looked at me, seeming startled. "I don't want-- I mean, shouldn't be wait? Until we're married?"

I was a very attractive man was I was very aware of it. How could she not want me to ravish her body? That being said I was almost completely repulsed with the thought of having a female body beneath mine. There was no pleasure in that. So I decided to play with her, feel her out some, if you will. "But I'm future Alpha, am I not? Just being here should be of the highest accomplishment for you."

"Right." Her tone had a sardonic edge to it that was subtle but I caught.

"Oh no, I'm serous. Do you know many women I have cast aside without a second look? You, my dear, got me right away. And I don't really know what it is about you."

"You enjoy seeing me in pain," she suddenly hissed. "Watching me leave my family, selecting me after you noticed I had to wish to marry you... You, Axel, are a terrible, terrible man and I will never love you."

My hand moved faster than my mind. The hit knocked her form her timid perch on the stool to the floor with a notable 'thud'. She let out a small, quiet shriek of surprise, hand going to cradle her already bruising face. I'd hit her. I instnslty felt guilty, never having laid my hands on a woman before and the look she gave me suggested I'd just done the worse thing in the world. Had I? I'd hit plenty of men in my life. Once or twice Drew got mouthy about who I was sleeping with and I gave him bit of a slap to remind him who was in charge. He'd cried but a never looked at me like she was.

"You're pathetic," she whispered, voice shaking with emotion.

I forced a smile, trying to make it seem like I wasn't at all phased with her displeasure or my action. "Am I, my dear wife? This kind of disrespect will not be tolerated. I know of werewolves executed for less."

"Kill me then. That way I will never have to spend another moment with you."

She stormed across the room to the bathroom and I allowed it. She slammed the door,s howling how upset she truly was.

I was still reeling from what she'd done, as well as what I'd done. I looked at my hand, hating myself for doing what I had. I wanted to control her, yes, but I didn't want to hurt her.

-unedited-

Next Update: Saturday (4/18/15)