Thirty-Two

A/N: So here it is! It's short but, oh, the feels! ☺️😭 Hope you all like it.

Pic: Drew

Peace Out, Girl Scouts

~Kate~

"Come inside Drew."

The honey blonde female urged the blond boy who looked lost and afraid. The cottage was picture-perfect. Beside a babbling brook, fresh green vegetation skirting the stones... "I can't Karla. I just can't."

"You can and will." The woman reached out, determined to bring the boy in by force if need-be. Fall was coming and once those leaves changed color the snow would begin to pile. It was no time for anyone to be homeless, especially someone with a child inside them. "If you don't do it for you, do it for him."

Drew looked a bit unsettled by her words, as if the reality was sinking in. He was homeless, he was pregnant, and well, he was practically an omega. Did safety even exist for him? He felt naked, having grown up with protective parents and the comforting knowledge that his pack would always stand behind 110%. Now he had nothing. No, not nothing. He had...whatever was inside him. Whatever made him ache and sick and scared. Perhaps some would find it to be a blessing. But Drew did not want this. He did not want this at all.

He wanted to go back.

To throw himself back at the feet of the man he truly loved. The man who said he loved him.

Tears gathered in his eyes as Karla watched helplessly. Her mate (officially, finally) was inside, speaking to her cousin happily. The cousin, a friendly loner named Isaac, was happy to open his home to his estranged family and her mate. Even the boy, he said, was welcome. However the boy wouldn't stay. Maybe he couldn't go back. But...if he entered the territory he'd be taken back. Maybe then Axel would remember the passion the two shared. He'd see he was...well, with child and it'd kindle something. He'd realize this 'mate' bullshit was merely and infatuation and he'd claim Drew, properly, publicly. Oh, how proud the boy would be to stand beside such a kind, mighty man.

"I'm sorry Karla. I can't. This is where I leave."

She frowned. He was decent man, though a bit dim and far too reliant on Axel. She had gotten a feel for Axel when she first met him.

He cared for no one but himself. He could be friendly--only when he was in a position of power over you. And Drew had been ideal. Easily manipulated and used. Both for entertainment and his body. It killed her that Drew never noticed that he never visited or showed interest in his strange illness. He truly didn't care. But Drew's wolf--Drew's lonely, lonely wolf--had fallen for the cruel alpha and she doubted he'd ever escape his charms. "Be careful, honey." She sighs finally, hugging him tightly. "Take care of yourself. Find shelter by the afternoon and remember--it's not just you anymore."

His eyes ghosted again, like the knowledge was upsetting him. The woman was jealous. Having a chick was a privilege she'd never get. But, having her mate was equally important and at least she had one.

~~^^~~^^~~^^~~^^~~^^~~^^~~

"When's Daddy coming home?"

The question had gone from confusion to terror over the days and Jeffery didn't know what to say anymore. "Go see Grandpa." Finally came from his mouth and the pup sighed, walking dejectedly toward a gray wolf chopping wood with far too much force.

"How long do you plan to play it off?"

"Until my little brother comes home."

Xena held her infant closer. Such violence so close to her...she didn't like it. And she was terrified that sweet little Colton had suffered a fate crueler than Andy's. "Jeff--"