~Ten~

A/N: Okay guys, time for a little in-story promo of my new story: The Pack House. It's also a werewolf book. Please give a look and vote if you want or comment on how you could see it being improved. Or if you want to make it a new cover. Aaaannnddddd I've reached 5 votes and 500 reads which means early update! Thank you!

Peace Out, Girl Scouts

~Kate~

Pic: Denisse

Liam led me to his house which laid across the clearing.

I had a rhubarb pie in my hands I'd cooked this afternoon so I could contribute. Liam had put up a fuss, claiming that I wasn't supposed to do any work but I had grown up cooking and cleaning so watching others do it for me was weird. "You're so tense," Liam commented softly. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah. It's just...it's the first time I've seen them since...'it' happened."

"Oh." Liam was quiet a moment. "It hasn't changed what they think of you, Colton. They still love you; just like me."

"You're sweet but I'm still nervous."

"Don't be." He kissed my cheek, stepping onto the porch.

The leather was still lying out, drying so he could add it to his stockpile for when his family went to the market. A pile of deer and moose antlers lying in a heap on a table Liam's father had fashioned.

Antlers were primary decorations for wolves. Every young male wolf hung the set of antlers from the first buck he took down. It was like a right of passage. As for the extras, they had plenty of use for us. They were carved into toys for the pups, buttons for clothing, and Thomas was good at making them into knives. But there was usually quite an excess that they traded them to villages that didn't have all the antlered prey roaming around who also utilized them. Some even sold them to humans--at least that's what Thomas told me.

Inside Marie was already setting up the table. She was serving a beef skirt steak. A rarity but one of Liam's favorite meals. Bill smiled warmly at me, setting down some leather he was examining in the corner of the cabin. "Colton. It's been too long."

I hugged him. He was like my second father. We used to be so close and then...

"I know. I'm sorry."

Liam just softly squeezed my shoulder, steering me to the table. "Sit, darling."

"I made a pie," I stated feebly, holding up the pan.

"You weren't supposed to do any work, mister," Marie stated playfully. Her russet colored hair was tied back out of her face. She had aged very gracefully, wrinkles only beginning at the corner of her eyes.

"I don't consider cooking to be work. I like it." I replied shyly, setting it on a free space on the table.

Marie rolled her eyes, setting out a plate of corn on the cob, and ooohhh potatoes... "What'd you do today?" Liam asked, drawing me away from the heap of starches attracting me.

"Uhm...I made a pie. I fixed some of Jeffery's pants and dyed some cotton material so Xena could have something to look at while she decided what she wanted her mother and my mother to wear, as well as he younger sister, she decided on lilac."

"Do you have to wear lilac?" He asked playfully.

I rolled my eyes. "No silly. You and I have to wear wear white."

Liam's nose crinkled. "White? Are you sure?"

Xena had been at the house all day, discussing and deciding about the wedding that was going to take place in a few months. Only a month before Jeffery was leaving. "Positive. She wants dress shirts and nice, tan colored pants."