~Twenty-Four~

A/N: Due to some unscheduled craziness, this was late. I'm so sorry about that but it's all taken care of for the most part. So here's ~Twenty-Four~

Pic: Andy

Peace Out, Girl Scouts

With all the pups home except for Emily and Andy's daughter Marci, the house was all picked up and I was starting too cook dinner.

I had venison tips searing in a skillet with peppers and onions. There was a knock on the front door. I turned down the stovetop and answered it. I soon found myself looking up into the friendly though handsome face of Andy. He had thick, chestnut hair and a chiseled jaw to die for. His light brown eyes lit up as he saw me. "Colton! So sorry I'm late."

"It's fine." I replied, stepping back. "Please, come in."

He smiled in thanks, coming into my little house. The pups came scrabbling into the room when they heard the door shut. "Daddy!" Marci screeched, throwing herself into his arms. "Home?"

"It's about that time, yeah." Andy agreed, holding her. "Was she alright?"

"An angel." I replied. "As usual. As for mine--"

As if one cue my son shifted into his wolf form, playfully growling at Andy. Andy chuckled at his efforts, giving him a pat. "Are you terrifying?" He teased before look at me. "I can't believe he's shifting already."

"You and me both."

The pup started to try and catch his own tail, spinning cutely in place until he got dizzy and stumbled into Emily, knocking her over. "Ouchy, Emmy," she exclaimed crossly, pulling on his ears when he tries to lick her face.

Emory yipped sharply in return; thankfully he was over his biting stage. He scampered off into the den with Emily close behind. "Home?" Marci asked again, looking sweetly at her father. She was a cute little girl who would no doubt ow into a beautiful young woman. I could only imagine what her mother looked like!

"Soon. Actually Colton, I was wondering what you were doing Friday night?" He set Marci down who scampered off to see the other kids in the den.

I pondered my schedule. "I can watch her," I told him, seeing nothing pressing in my future. Saturday I had to go the !Market to restock on food but I could make macaroni and cheese with bread crumbs and ham chunks. Emory and Marci both loved it. "Is she just staying through the day then or?"

"No, no." Laughed Andy. "I'm not asking you to babysit. I want to take you out. There's a diner in a town over."

"I don't know Andy." I bit my lip. He'd offered to take me out before and I could tell he was getting that I didn't like the flak it stirred up. "It's not proper."

"Proper?" He repeated incrediously. "Please. C'mon Colt. I really like you. And I think if you gave me a chance you'd like me too."

"It's not about likes." I rubbed a hand over my face, leaning against the counter. "It's about the fact that o have live here. My reputation is on the line here. No mother will bring her child here if they think I'm going to steal their mate right out from under their feet."

"You're not stealing me." Andy replied looking puzzled.

"In their minds I am," I muttered in return.

Andy smiled, stepping forward. Instantly my wolf got a little weirded out, having a male so close to me. He smelled so fresh and minty though. I loved it. "Colton. Don't you feel this...connection between us?"

He let his wide, warm palms run along my exposed forearms. My skins tightened instantly, fine hairs standing straight as a current seemingly passed between us. I felt an unsual pressure between my hips and some stirring in my jeans. A blush worked its way up my cheeks. As I scrambled for a response the door opened and my brother stepped in. "Hey-- Am I interrupting something?" My brother practically growled, eyeing Andy in a feral way.