V4 Chapter 7: The Point of Fighting

Rat Pov

The ship rocked back and forth slightly as the small waves hit the side of the ship. Above the deck, the gray clouds flew.

Not many students were outside at the moment, whether it be for their special exam or if it were for the bad weather.

Nagumo sat in his leather arm chair with a satisfied expression on his face. With his face being held up by his hand, he was simply lounging and waiting for someone.

It had been a few days since Nagumo had first trapped Ayanokouji. He had figured something suspicious was going on at the island when masses of Class A student boarded.

At first, the Vice-President thought nothing of it. Horikita-Senpai had told him that there were slightly poisonous berries located on the island.

Yet in hushed tones, Nagumo heard the sick students discuss how they wondered how they could be poisoned. For some reason, the elites could not conclude that it was the berries they ate.

In fact, they had even researched everything they ate to see if there was a toxic component, yet, nothing was found from it.

With this, Nagumo concluded that perhaps an investigation were to be ordered.

He asked around the various students, asking them what had happened, and receiving similar answers of, "we're not sure, we all got sick."

The Vice President drew from that the conclusion that it was a malicious action that had lead to the sickness brought down on his Kohai.

He waited in wait, however, for the exam to end.

When the results were announced, he was shocked at Ichinose's success and Ayanokouji's failure. This was unlike what they both had shown previously.

Nagumo decided to do more research on the two, finding many rumors of them dating because of the amount of time the two had spent with each other.

The blonde boy had no care for that rumor, it was idiotic. Based off the island results, he properly concluded that Ayanokouji pulled some strings on the island that would result in Ichinose's victory.

Digging back further and with the help of private points, Nagumo was able to find out the true situation behind Kanzaki's expulsion, with a few leaps in logic however.

Chabashira-Sensei didn't fully confirm or deny if it were Ayanokouji, as Nagumo didn't pay her to ask. He enjoyed the game behind it, the cat trapping the mouse in preparation for a feast.

So he simply asked if anyone in Class C at the time of the midterms had paid to tamper with another person's test.

The answer, with 80,000 private points as the cost, was a yes.

Nagumo now had the confirmation he wanted to go forward.

He proceeded to call Ayanokouji out, and trap him with his own words. The boy was like yarn in the hands of a skilled weaver, being pulled every which way.

Nagumo laughed.

"That boy had the trust of Horikita-Senpai in him and lost to me! Pah, Horikita-Senpai must acknowledge me after this."

Ayanokouji had been thoroughly defeated, likely putting him in his place under Nagumo's control for a long time going forward.

Now, Nagumo waited for the one he had called to arrive.

As the clock struck 4:00pm, Horikita opened the door, a cold look showing on his face.

"Come, sit down Horikita-Senpai. I have much to speak to you about."