V3 Chapter 3: Enter Suzune

Kiyotaka Pov
Attention, all first year students! Please report to the main deck for instruction in your gym uniform. While on the way, take a scenic view of the island we are passing by. I repeat: All first year students to the main deck for instruction in your gym uniform!

Pretend the island was closer than it was in canon

That same final line played once more before it cut out. I had lounged in bed after finally boarding the ship, without kindergarteners harassing me. The dorms on the ship were not coed, but there wasn't enough space for individual dorms, which resulted in rooms holding four students of the same gender at once.

My dorm room consisted of Hirata, Ken, and Akito, all of us having our own beds. Hirata was absent, seemingly having gotten here and unpacked before everyone else, while Akito was on his phone and Ken just got here.

Ken: Maaaaan this ship is so big! How are we going to get to the main deck without gettin' lost?

Akito shrugged and rolled his eyes.

Akito: I think this ship has maps, genius? I saw plenty along the way here.

Kiyotaka: Yeah, this ship is rather big. If I had to guess it's probably used in fancy dinners for politicians and their kids.

Ken: Fancy or not, whoever made this stupid ship deserves to be fucking fired!

He kicked the bed in frustration and it made a squeak of pain in return. A knock on the door disrupted his rage and he shut up quickly. I opened the door and sighed audibly which resulted in the other two guys to look over with curious expressions.

Horikita: I heard the noise from out here, are you three really messing around right now?

She quickly accused us with a harsh glare and sent a particularly thorny one to Ken who could consult the ground in return.

Kiyotaka: Why are you still down here? And the girls dorms aren't even near here.

Horikita: I had something I wanted to talk to you about. I didn't think your bunk buddies would be here still.

Kiyotaka: Akito, Ken, can Horikita and I have some privacy?

Akito: Sure.

Ken whispered to me on the way out:

Ken: I'll kill you if you don't take responsibility.

They both left and went off towards the stairs. I then leaned against the door frame and looked at Horikita.

Horikita: Walk and talk. We don't have all day.

She began to walk slowly, making sure Akito and Ken were far enough ahead before she moved at a more normal pace.

Kiyotaka: Ok, so what do you want?

Horikita: I'm sure you know about Nagumo and the Student Council President right?

Kiyotaka: Yeah, your brother?

Horikita: Right.

Her voice was thick with hesitation to admit that.  I replayed the events of the night where I fought Elderkita and saw Horikita being so weak like a shy uwu girl.  I remember how she seemed so submissive towards him, and how cold and calculating he acted.  He could easily pose a threat to me if he chooses to, so I've been keeping tabs on his class's status.  His class rules the 3rd year by a near-devastating lead.  I haven't been able to directly get t the totals of the class points, but if I had to guess, Class A must be leading by at least 800 class points.