V3 Chapter 8: How To Plan A Plan Without Planning

Kiyotaka Pov
"If you're with me say, yuh."

I awoke with a start to that outside the tent.

I rubbed my eyes wearily and nearly jumped out of my skin when I saw Yamauchi sleeping on my legs. His body was sprawled out and his foot was an inch away from making contact with Hondo's cheek. Even so, they both slept peacefully with an occasional snore.

I signed roughly and carefully put Yamauchi's head onto the ground. Looking around the tent, I noticed Hirata and Keisei were gone but everyone else was asleep.

The voice I had heard sounded feminine and resembled Karuizawa's if anything. She usually isn't one of the first ones up, unless the girls woke up earlier than the guys. I checked my watch:

6:32am.

That's unusually late for me, usually I wake up at 5.

My escapades last night are the likely culprit of such drowsiness so I suppose it can't be helped.

I slipped out of the tent so as to avoid waking up anyone and onto the dirt.

"Oh, Ayanaokoji-Kun's awake"said Matsushita quietly.

"Someone slept in."giggles Kikyo.

"Morning everyone,"I said, "why are you all up so early when the guys aren't?"

I looked around at all the girls and noticed that some of them looked tired.

"Well,"Kikyo nervously giggled, "we didn't get much sleep..."

The other girls all laughed at that.

"Oh, Kiyotaka?"called Keisei from behind me.

He held a fishing rod in one hand while adjusting his glasses with the other.  Hirata was behind him with a bag, that if I had to guess the contents, was fish.

"Morning Keisei, Hirata,"I gestured at the bag, "early morning fishing?"

"Yeah, we wanted to get a head start on things."said Hirata. Keisei nodded.

"Though, now that you're back,"Keisei began, "we can talk about the flag."

I feigned confusion, "what about it?" I the looked over to the two flags. The flags stood there as they were last night, the cloth swaying gently in the wind like a pair of dancers.

"Yeah, um, when we woke up we found it like that," Hirata spook nervously, "we also got 100 points from it so it's real."

"It's not just any flag though..."murmured Keisei quietly.

"Huh?"I asked.

"It's Class A's flag"one of the girls from the crowd said.

I paused and walked over to the flag to inspect it. I began to notice a few things I hadn't seen in the dark last night. Carved into the base of it was "Hashimoto sucks eggs" which was then crossed out.

"Hirata you said we got 100 points from this too? It wasn't a fake?"

"Yeah."nodded Hirata.

"I don't know about the guys for sure but, what about the girls,"I looked over at the group, "did anyone leave the tent?"

They all looked at each other and then hesitantly shook their heads.

Kikyo stepped forward, "we were kinda up late but I know for a fact that outside of bathroom breaks, no one was gone for too long."

"I see."I observed that some of the girls had strange reactions. I'm not going to question what the girls were doing late at night. A silence overtook everyone as they all thought, meanwhile I was thinking of ramen.