Chapter 7: Kushida Kikyo

Kiyotaka Pov
The breeze picked up as I sat down in the library and someone else entered. I was looking for a new book to read, seeing as I hadn't read anything that good since I came to this school.

As I scanned the shelves, I eventually removed one of the many books and began to inspect it. Wuthering Heights. I have not read it before but I certainly heard about it before from other book readers online and also Wikipedia.

Wuthering Heights is an 1847 novel by Emily Brontë, initially published under her pen name "Ellis Bell". It concerns two families of the landed gentry living on the West Yorkshire moors, the Earnshaws and the Lintons, and their turbulent relationships with the Earnshaws' foster son, Heathcliff. The novel was influenced by Romanticism and Gothic fiction.

It was supposedly a really good read so I picked it off the shelf and was on my way to sit back down when I heard someone speaking in the other aisle over. While I normally wouldn't care if someone else was talking, I was curious to see who was in the library. It would be nice to have an acquaintance who shares my interest in books.

???: Just a little closer...

I peaked around the corner discreetly to see a small silver haired girl standing on her tiptoes while reaching to the top of the shelf while attempting to grab at a book. Her slender fingers made contact with the book ever so slightly and her face lit up before it fell again as she realized she wouldn't be able to get it down. She began to look around, presumably for a stool, and I began to walk over.

I reached up and grabbed the book.

Kiyotaka: Were you looking for this book?

The girl smiled and took the book graciously from my hand before speaking to me again.

???: I was. It was in the wrong section, which is why I was trying to reach it.

I looked at the book title and saw it was Wuthering Heights.

Kiyotaka: What a coincidence, I just got a copy of this book from the other aisle.

Shiina: Oh well it's a good read, I hope you enjoy it! I'm Shiina Hiyori, Class C, it's a pleasure to meet you.

Kiyotaka: Ayanokoji Kiyotaka, from Class D. It's nice to meet you as well!

I ended with my Lady-Killing-SmileTM.

She smiled back at me like a cute little marshmallow of cuteness. Holy-I'm losing myself.

Kiyotaka: So do you want to meet up in a few days and talk about it?

Shiina: Yeah I would be so happy!

Book Buddy Achieved! Read a book and discuss with your book buddy, Shiina Hiyori.

I had gotten home and started making a meal when I began to curse myself; I hadn't gotten some of the ingredients. It seems I had not scrolled far enough down the ingredients list and forgot some of the vegetables. I looked at the clock-5:19. I could quickly run over to the convenience store and get some vegetables.

I began my walk to the convenience store and began getting my groceries. As I was halfway through getting my vegetables, I noticed Horikita enter into the aisle and getting some groceries. I saw some shampoo and other items and I walked over to her.

Kiyotaka: Hi Horikita, what's going on?

Horikita: Oh you're here. She looked at my basket. I'd figure you would have instant ramen in there-do you cook?