V4 Chapter 6: Uncontrollable Beast

Kiyotaka POV

It was in the middle of the day when Horikita had called me out to see her. No doubt to discuss the exam thus far.

I had no doubt that she would follow my commands, but what does concern me is the behavior of Class C and B.

Due to the lack of cooperation in this exam between Ichinose and I this far, I can only guess that her strategy is to try and coax the VIP out of hiding by constantly leading the flow of discussions.

Meanwhile, Class C has a strategy of being ruthless, constantly saying what's on their mind regarding the behavior of others.

I wonder if Manabe bullying Karuizawa is independent of this exam. Perhaps Ryuen put her up to it as a form of intimidation to break our class down?

He's done similar things in the past, attempting to intimidate us before the midterm exams.

I have no doubt that the majority of Class A is operating with Katsuragi's strategy in mind, considering Sakayanagi is not participating in this exam due to poor health.

Class A is rather divisive at the moment, but I still believe the majority of the class will follow Katsuragi as leader for now until Sakayanagi returns.

Unfortunately for Katsuragi, his faction lost popularity because of my meddling on the island. When Sakayanagi returns, I have no doubt that she will take power as Class A's leader, even if Katsuragi still fights back.

However, Katsuragi seems to be more for the class and less for his ego. If Sakayanagi proves herself to him, he would fall in line. Which is why he cannot possibly defeat her, he is not willing to risk it all to win.

As I wondered about the various situations of the class's, Horikita sat down next to me.

"Horikita, how was the meeting?"

She sighed, "it was quite awful actually. Class C seemed to be purposefully targeting us, Class B was trying to lead the discussion but that seemingly went nowhere. and then Class A swore off the discussion entirely."

"I see," I continued, "those exact events occurred in my group as well. One question: was Class C targeting anyone in particular?"

Horikita pondered for a moment, "I believe Manabe-San and her friends were targeting Karuizawa-San about some incident that occurred between them."

"And how did Karuizawa respond?"

"Well she seemed aloof, ignoring them, but near the end of the meeting she yelled at them and stepped on Manabe-San's foot."

"You think she did it on purpose?"

"Possibly. After that, I heard you talking to Manabe-San outside. She explained everything to you didn't she?"

"Yeah, she did. You interested in knowing?"

"Under normal circumstances, no, however this matter is beginning to effect the exam, so I believe it is important that I know."

"Good. Basically, Karuizawa had shoved Manabe's friend out of line, I believe her name was Rika, and Manabe keeps arguing with her trying to get her to apologize about it," I supplied.

"Really, all of this over one simple shove?" growled Horikita.

"You say that as if you didn't attempt to stab me multiple times earlier this year."

Horikita shook her head, "that may be true, but holding a grudge over that would be immature. Manabe-San clearly is needlessly trying to argue with Karuizawa-San."

"When you say needlessly, what do you mean?"

"I mean," said Horikita, "that if Rika-San wanted an apology, Manabe-San should have stayed out of the situation."