V2 Chapter 2: Battlefield: Midterms

Kiyotaka Pov
I was observing as Kanzaki and Ichinose had a huddle. I saw Ichinose wear a serious expression and she rolled her eyes. Kanzaki sent a sharp glare at me and Horikita before simply nodding and standing up straight like a board.

Ichinose: So we came to our conclusion. The answer is: Yes! But...well never mind!

She didn't need to say. I accepted with a smile on my face, but Horikita and I knew that they were tentatively excepting it. And at any point, they could revoke said alliance. Which is why I will make them require our help. I'm sure Ichinose and Kanzaki knew that we knew that they knew that we knew that they knew that we knew it was unstable. If Kanzaki continues to plant seeds in Ichinose's head, things might backfire.

As we left, I abruptly stopped to allow Horikita to go in front of me a bit. She noticed and wheeled around.

Horikita: What are you doing?

Kiyotaka: Thinking.

She rolled her eyes.

Horikita: About?

Kiyotaka: About Kanzaki. I think he's a strong enemy, don't you think?

Horikita: So it's a mutual distrust of each other then. So what are you going to do about it?

Kiyotaka: I don't want to have to do anything, but we all want to reach Class A. Kanzaki is in our way. And what do we do with obstacles?

I could hear Horikita gulp and look at me with an interested look. I walked quickly and forced her to match my pace. No one was in the area we were at.

Horikita: We brush them aside.

She said with her eyes raised skeptically. I could already predict what she was going to say next. "So what are you going to do?"

Kiyotaka: Well I'll have to expel him. How, you're thinking. I'll do a bit of shenanigans.

Horikita: You'll manipulate his test scores? Frame him? That's a bit underhanded. But I have one thing to tell you.

Kiyotaka: Huh? What is it?

Horikita: It's about Kushida. I know you're close with her but...stay away from her. She's dangerous, and you shouldn't be caught up with her.

I allowed my facade to drop and then remade it, allowing Horikita to see it. My blank, dead eyes, and my blank face, similar to a piece of clay.

Horikita: What was that?

Kiyotaka: What was what?

Horikita: That look on your face. I have a question for you. Who are you?

Kiyotaka: Who am I? I'm Ayanokoji Kiyotaka obviously! And you're Horikita Suzune! Or am I high or something?

Horikita: No, who are you truly? I want to know, tell me.

Bingo. I stared deeply into her eyes while letting my facade drop.

Kiyotaka: I'm Ayanokoji Kiyotaka. Don't pry into my life, or you'll end up like Kanzaki. Mmk?

At the end, I leaned in close and smiled bright like my ikemen facade would. But my eyes still remained dead, staring deeply into Horikita's red eyes.

Horikita: Wh-what is wrong with you?

Kiyotaka: Nothing Horikita. I'm a human being, just like you.