V4 Chapter 1: Doubt and Shepora

Horikita bit her lip in frustration as the exam results were announced on the flat screen TV in front of her. Despite her classes overwhelming advantage at first, the class ended up losing it in the final stretch. Horikita had not been alerted to any other students of her own class coming to the cruise ship, so the flags must have been compromised.

"If only I were there, I could have helped. Instead I weighed the class down with the demerit they received."

What stung Horikita particularly was if they maintained the points they would have been Class A right now, but they had fallen to Class D. Horikita gazed down at her notepad in her hands and she gripped her pencil roughly.

Class A (Katsuragi) 1040 - 174= 866 CP

Class B (Ayanokouji) 570 + 20=590 CP

Class C (Ichinose) 540 + 322= 862 CP

Class D (Ryuen) 510 + 100=610 CP

Reshuffling it into order based off the points:

Class A (Katsuragi) 866 CP

Class B (Ichinose) 862 CP

Class C (Ryuen) 610 CP

Class D (Ayanokouji) 590 CP

Horikita bit her tongue, for this was not the results she wanted at all. What made Horikita even more confused however was Ichinose's placement in the exam. Based off the calculations they needed to have gotten another flag, but her class does not seem like the type to go strictly offensive.

During Horikita's time on the island, she had seen Ichinose once and even then she was peacefully discussing something with Ayanokouji. Unless Ayanokouji made her so mad she was willing to attack his class another class, then Horikita could not see any other possibilities. Unless she made a deal with someone?

With who? Would Ayanokouji be willing to throw the exam? Did Ryuen make a deal with her as the two lowest classes to up heave the hierarchy? That must be the case. Despite their past squabbles, Ryuen could put forth a tantalizing offer that would motivate Ichinose.

Not to mention how they each placed in the upper half, even over Class A who was at the bottom for once.  If only...if only Horikita were on the island and not Ike or someone else.

It may be a selfish thought, to ask for misfortune to be placed on another classmate, however Horikita felt no guilt.  To be real, can you blame her for that thought process?

As she justified it, a dog cannot pass a spelling test.  Yamauchi cannot pass a spelling test.  A dog is useless in a psychological battle.  Yamuachi is useless in a psychological battle.  You can't use a dog better than its master.  You can't use a Yamauchi better than his Horikita.

Suddenly, Horikita had the urge to powder her nose.

This would be a good time for elevator music but since Wattpad changed the interface for italics and bold for some fucking reason that's not happening is it. Do, do do, do duh duh duh duh, bing bang born, do dondo do do dooooooo da do DOOMF.

Horikita washed her hands in the sink and stared into her reflection in the mirror. Her hair was braided but she had some bags under her eyes. Over the past few days she had felt under the weather so she'd been struggling to maintain her sleep schedule as she normally does.

Maybe the tropical environment got to her? She'd lived in the Northern area of Japan so she was more used to the cold than the hot. Of course, she had adapted to some heat during her time in the school due to its hot days, but this was more annoying.

Horikita rubbed her temple and she slid open one of the cabinets. In it were medicines provided by the cruise ship staff.

Horikita took a red pill and dry swallowed it before walking back to her bed and sitting on the side. She peeked over at the monitor to see it had resumed to normal channels meaning the classes were on their way back by now. Horikita felt like greeting them but she looked like a wreck.