V2 Chapter 8: Screw you Ishizaki

Kiyotaka Pov
I traced my finger along the top of my coffee cup and allowed myself to hum a tune I'm not quite sure I heard before. As I hummed to myself, I tried to think harder about where it originated from, and my memories associated with it. All I could remember was the feeling of warmth that was wrapped around me like a never ending heat blanket. I couldn't see anything, just a black void. Perhaps it was a memory of my last life? I would chuckle if that was the case, if I could.

I sighed.

No matter where I went the crippling reality of my emotional state will always follow. I can't laugh, I can't cry, smile, be angry, remorseful without placing a mask on my face and pretending to be ok.

I snapped back to reality when I heard the noise of knuckles tapping onto the wooden table I sat at. I looked up and smiled at Nagumo who was sitting down across from me with a cup of tea.

Kiyotaka: Nagumo-Senpai, you called?

Nagumo: Did you forget? Today is the day of the trial.

Kiyotaka: How could I forget? I was wondering why you called me out so early.

Nagumo: It was on a whim you know. Do you know anything about the Second Year situation?

Kiyotaka: The Second year situation...

I mumbled to myself quietly. The second year situation likely referred to when Kiryama had attempted to expel several Class A members. I had supplied him with the tools necessary, and he supplied me with the tools I needed to do my plan: Expelling Kanzaki.

-I heard of it from a few acquaintances in the second year.

Nagumo narrowed his eyes and his lips arched down to form a scowl.

Nagumo: A few?

Kiyotaka: A few acquaintances.

Nagumo: Is that so? How much did you sell the video for?

Kiyotaka: Around 1,000,000.

Nagumo: You admitted it.

Kiyotaka: Did I? I could have just given you a random number just now.

Nagumo: Possibly. However you also spent some money on Kanzaki.

Kiyotaka: Kanzaki? I have no idea what you're talking about.

We both looked into each others eyes and an uncomfortable silence ensued.

Nagumo: How much would it take to bring you to my side.

Kiyotaka: How much?

Nagumo: Private Points.

Kiyotaka: 40,000,000.

Nagumo: Daring aren't we.  That's a no.

Kiyotaka: I'm joking of course.  But why should I join you.  The affairs of the Second year are not my concern as a first year.

Nagumo: That would be seen as true to the idiots in Class D, however I want you to join me to unite in a certain goal.

Kiyotaka: And that is?  If it had something to do with beating Kiryama or gaining the most amount of class points ever, I'm not interested.

Nagumo: I can handle Kiryama, and I don't care about the point total I reach when I graduate.  I see true potential writhing in you, waiting to break through the layers of flesh and blood piled on top of it.  Don't you want to be recognized by someone?  The insatiable wanting for recognition?