V3 Chapter 6: Ace In The Hole

Kiyotaka Pov
Birds flew through the trees at a quick pace as they attempted to escape what was quickly pursuing after them.  The leaves clipped their wings but the birds seemed not to care at all, instead opting to chirping with terror.  A large sound came from behind them which caused their bodies to jolt with a terrified start and forcing them to fly past the limits of whatever they've flown before.

Thunk

One down.  A sharp rock had hurled through the air and knocked a fat bird out of the air.  The body of the bird thwacked against the tree branches, and then quietly fell onto the forest floor.  The fearful look in its beady eyes began to fade gradually as darkness came over it.

I jumped out of the tree and sighed with relief, wiping my forehead that was covered with sweat.  I kicked the rock I had thrown at a tree nearby and approached the bird's now still body.

"Sorry,"I said, "I'm hungry."

I picked up the bird in one hand and went back to the cave Kikyo and I had been in the whole night.  The sun had just come up, and my watch told me it was 7:52am.  Surely we will be able to go back to main camp soon.  The only negative encounter I've had that suggested any danger was a group of Class A students walking by us last night, but besides that, nothing.  Just the sounds of nature.

"Kikyo." I shouted into the mouth of the cave which then echoed my words back to me in response.

"Kiyotaka,"said Kikyo, "you're finally back?"

"Yeah,"I said while I began to walk into the cave and slide down slowly, "I was getting some food; you're not a vegetarian, right?"

I landed on my feet and she slowly walked towards me with her eyebrow raised and her hands on her hips.

"No, why?"

"Well I got some food: meat to be exact." I said.

Holding the bird tightly in my hand, I held it forward for her to look at. 

She shrunk back from it with her nose wrinkling up at it.  Her eyes looked at it, and then looked up at me.

"Where did you get this,"she questioned, "did you kill it yourself?"

"Nah it was just dead on the ground.  It looks like it flew into a tree."

I held up the broken wing and flapped it ever so slightly at Kikyo as if it were waving at her.  In response, she squealed and jumped back.

"Don't show that thing to me,"shouted Kikyo, "that's so disgusting, you're gonna get sick or something!"

I shrugged, "I'll wash my hands but it's unavoidable with our current conditions."

I gestured around the cave.

"Still,"she sighed, "that is sooo gross."

"I'll get to cooking it,"I paused, "can you go get me some firewood?"

"Sure."she said and then began to climb lit of the cave.  I'm that moment, I got a good glimpse at her butt and it looked great.  Perfect size.  Not too big, but not too small.  Kinda wish I could touch it.

I looked at my hand which was unconsciously groping the air with my left hand while my right was clenched firmly onto my hip.  At this point, I wasn't even entirely surprised anymore.

As of late, it was routine, and I'm sure you're tired of this explanation paragraph too.  These words are now engraved in my mind, fuck you author.

Shaking my head, I realized I was without a pan or anything like that.  I looked for a stick outside and picked up a few sticks.  I could try to make it like a rotisserie chicken, that would be a good idea...kind of.