Landon gets to drive!

Landon, Tom, and Austin make it to the car. They start to head home. Landon is sitting right next to Austin. He is glad they got to spend the day together. They make it home and they get out of the car. Austin scoops Landon up and they walk towards the second garage on the side of the house. They will talk while Austin pulls a four-wheeler out. 

(A) Do you need to use the bathroom?

(L)  No.

(A) Are you hurting?

(L) A little. 

(A) I am going to sit you up here. I will be right back. 

(L) Ok. 

Austin runs in the house, and he grabs a small pain pill. Parker tries to ask questions and Austin stops to talk to him. 

(P) Where is Landon?

(A) He is in the basement reading. 

(P) I just came from there; I want to spend some time with him. 

(A) I am sorry for lying. Can you wait and spend some time with him after dinner? 

(P) Yeah why?

(A) I want to spend a little time with him alone. 

(P) He was with you all day. 

(A) Please. 

(P) Ok can you make it an hour. I want to spend time with him too. I did not get to go on the trip and I want to spend time with him. He is my whole world. 

(A) I know. 

(P) Ok. 

Parker looks sad as he walks away, and Austin feels bad. He grabs Parker's hand, and he leads him outside. They see Landon sitting on the four-wheeler. Parker runs over and pulls him into a hug. Landon latches onto him and he talks with them. 

(P) Hey buddy. How was your day?

(L) It was good. 

(A) Parker is going to drive around with us. Is that ok?

(L) Yeah. 

(P) Can Landon ride with me?

(A) No, he is riding with me. I am not trying to be rude I just want to spend time with him. 

(P) How about I let you two ride, and I will go and unbox a Lego set and start organizing them. Then you and I can put it together little man. 

(L) Ok. 

(P) I love you I will see you in a minute. 

(L) Ok, I love you to bubba. 

(P) I love you baby. 

Parker heads back inside and Austin gets on the four-wheeler. He sits behind Landon and scoots Landon up front. Austin drives them around back and he turns it off. He will talk to Landon again. 

(A) Ok, do you remember how to start the four-wheeler. 

(L) Yes, you switch this key. 

(A) Yes, can you do it for me?

(L) Yes. 

Landon starts the four-wheeler up and Landon pats him on the back. 

(A) Good job baby. Now you use the throttle to accelerate and the foot pedal to brake. Then you use the handles to steer. Do you think you can do a couple circles around the yard?

(L) You trust me?

(A) I do baby. 

(L) Ok. 

Landon accelerates and he does three circles in the yard. He is slow and gentle, and Austin thinks he gets the gist of how to drive the four-wheeler.